1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like I'll never find someone

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NamesNotJake, Feb 9, 2015.

1. NamesNotJake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've wanted to date but have yet to find anybody I'm interested in. Sometimes I honestly think I'll never be in one. It's just frustrating...:bang::bang:

2. AviationLover15

Hang in there, man. I have never been in a relationship before but I feel I may be close to one. Try making some new friends. Maybe your friendship could develop into something more. Friends can also set you up with people they know. And if nothing else, you'll have more friends.

3. Vinyl

It's better to wait for the right person than to get hurt by a bunch of others. <3 Now don't get me wrong, I think trying different things/types of people out is a good idea sometimes, just to see if feelings do change or if you find an attraction to someone who you wouldn't think you would, but there's nothing wrong with waiting for what you want to come around~

4. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been over 25 years since I dated. But from what I recall even back then when you are looking too hard it never happens. In my experience it is best to get out interact with others, enjoy life and when you least expect it BAM it will happen.

To Vinyl's point when your too focused on finding someone you will find the wrong someone, because our mind convinces us that it is right.

I want to make another statement here: A few years back I went to dinner with a very diverse group. Attending were a few trans, one young gay man. The gay man was sitting to my right. The waiter came up to us and took our order, the waiter was about the young man's age and he was flirting with him. The waiter left and I told the young man that waiter was flirting with you, did you pick up on it. He said well he is cute I think I will give him my email address....I laughed email address give him your phone number or better yet ask him out and give him your phone number and get his.
    Think the young man did go on a date with the waiter...

My point is....sometimes we are too virtually connected and we need to make a effort to be more personable.

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My kid sister used to joke that she went on a date once a year, to remind herself of how much she hated dating. But she did whatever she felt like, met people and kept herself active and involved. In her mid-30's she met up with some guy in some social situation or other and they clicked, eventually bought a house together, married and now have 2 kids. Sometimes I think that how MANY people you date is far less important than what you do to present yourself as a complete, independent person who enjoys life and is emotionally healthy and not desperate or miserable. Don't LOOK for the right person, BE the right person.