1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to an orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ANewDawn, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ANewDawn

Can you be attracted to a sexual orientation? Like I am only attracted to gay people, whether they're male or female. Knowing someone is straight makes them immediately unattractive to me, regardless of their gender. Does that make any sense?

2. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It sounds like it's some underlying psychological issue that's making you feel that way. Perhaps there is something about heterosexuality that you don't like? Maybe if you were to embrace and accept all sexualities fully and get rid of any prejudices revolving around them (if you have any) you wouldn't have this issue because a person's sexual orientation wouldn't be a big deal anymore and it's not something that would throw you off.

3. SonicBoom

There are quite a few gay men(myself include) out there who find that they are EXTREMELY attracted to straight men.

Even among gay men, there are quite a few gay men (myself included) who prefer "straight acting" gay men sexually .

I find myself gravitating toward handsome straight men because I desire them sexually.

I tend to gravitate to the other gay men I find sexually desirable.

I don't gravitate to gays or lesbians just because they are gay or lesbian.

#3 SonicBoom, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can totally relate to that. I feel like I am guarding myself from developing attraction to people sometimes so I won't get hurt. Why would I waste my time fawning over someone I have no chance with? It does help that I find very few guys immediately attractive. It might be because I am demisexual, and or it may be because I just don't find straight guys attractive. I haven't had any crushes in forever.

5. Seagypsy

Yes - I understand because I am only attracted to bisexuals, male or female. Not all bisexuals of course, but if you put me in a room full of bi people I will be sure to fancy several of them! In a room full of straight people though, I'm bored shitless, lol! :eusa_doh:

I don't think its psychological, more like biological, like their hormones are a better match with mine maybe? :icon_bigg

6. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i can relate to that; when i find out some guy is gay i very often wanna be friend with him much more than if he was straight (im a woman)

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Whenever I find out a girl is straight I lose complete interest :I

8. choirsmash

That's basically what I was going to say haha.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a person who is largely attracted to other bisexuals, I totally understand, sweetie. :3