1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused but unsure how to move forward

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rachellexo, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Rachellexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello everyone, I just recently joined and I am looking forward to many discussions to come!

The main reason I joined is because over the past few months I have been questioning my sexual orientation and if what I am experiencing is in fact because I am bisexual or if it because I am either unhappy in my relationship (subconsciously, because I don't feel that way at all) or I this is just due to mixed emotions stemming from my depression.

I would not hesitate to state that I am straight. Since I was thirteen, I have been with only guys and I have a 6 year relationship under my belt, as well as a 2 year (anniversary in April =)) relationship with who I consider to be my better half. all in my short 22 years of existence. All of that said, I do find that women are more appealing than men. I have always followed suicide girls, and other model types through tumblr and social media, because who doesn't love ascetically appealing people. The odd man or two, but I eventually realized I had a 'type' for who I chose to follow for women. I would not consider myself fat by any means, my health is relatively stable and although I have some weight in the middle and on my thighs, behind them is a bit of muscle. I always based my fascination on these women due to my goals (for lack of a better word, they're a size 2 and I would be pushing it to say my body structure could ever end up at a size 4/6) for myself.

But recently I have been finding myself checking girls out without realizing that I was actually doing it. And I have been experiencing multiple sex dreams throughout the week involving women (no one I have ever met or reminded me of anyone). During the first year and a half of our relationship, my boyfriend and I's sex drive was through the roof. We literally could not remember a time when we saw each other that we did not have sex during some point in the visit. Now that the 'honeymoon' phase is kind of behind us and we are looking into buying a condo and building a more solid life with one another. I am left baffled as to why I am having these intense feelings and urges. I am madly in love but this urge is always in the back of my mind.

Am I just going through a 'phase' (I know people hate hearing that, including myself), or am I truly bisexual although I have never been with a women sexually?

Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it to the point =)

2. noxlumos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, frankly there are a lot of people out there who consider themselves to be really only interested in romantic/sexual relationships with one gender, but find themselves feeling either romantically OR sexually attracted to the other, which can be utterly confusing!
    It's highly possible that you find men romantically/sexually attractive and women just sexually attractive. Since it's the sexual part that goes both ways, "technically" speaking, if you wanted to label it, that would be considered bisexual of course. Sometimes people might say they're "mostly straight"...
    Either way, I don't think that should be an issue in your relationship with your dude. I would share those feelings with him when you're comfortable though!

On the other hand, admiring someone's physical appearance is completely different than being able to be sexually turned on by it. If you're admiring women's bodies because it's inspirational for your personal goals, right on! That has nothing to do with sexuality. We can all tell when someone is attractive or not; that doesn't mean we want to have sexy time with them. :slight_smile:
    Hope that helps,

Best of luck!