1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Or Gay, or something else?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kyan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Kyan

Hi,
    In the spring of 2013, I realized I liked guys. For a year, I was leveling with this fact. Then, I realized I also liked girls. However, I only like them emotionally. For example, I get crushes on girls and am flirty with girls but I do not EVER look at them sexually. Guys, however, I only have sexual crushes. So I have two crushes right now, one on a girl and one on a guy, but they are kinda separated to emotional and sexual. :cry:
    I realize that labels are bad, and I had a realization a few weeks ago that labels are essentially the source of a lot of hate, discrimination, and general evil in the world, but they are very important to. So I was wondering what to call myself when I am coming out, and what this will mean for my future. :dry:
    Thanks for your replies!:icon_bigg
    -Kyan

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    well nobody here can tell you what you are, although i understand it makes things easier for you rather than everything seeming nameless and confusing!

if you want to find a label for yourself, maybe have a look at the label definitions and see what things apply to you? for example the usual: bisexual, asexual, gay, pansexual, polyamorous etc.

for myself, i have stopped trying to label myself because i no longer care (but queer, gay, or bisexual are the usual terms if talking to others - anything that isn't straight!). i have different feelings for guys and girls too, perhaps a more sexual attraction towards guys, and more emotional towards girls, like you. i guess what makes me label myself as "bisexual" is the fact that i would date a guy or a girl, rather than the ways in which i am attracted to them both.

i hope that's of some use to you, but try not to fret over labels too much as they can confuse you more if you find you don't fit into them as neatly as you thought. :slight_smile: i use labels very loosely though...