1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrified lesbian... Help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Figure8, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Figure8

Okay. So. I'm freaking the f*ck out.
    I'm a sixteen yo girl who's sexually attracted to girls. I've never had a full-on crush on a girl, besides mild attractions.
    I'm not sexually attracted to guys. At all. Like, the idea of sex with guys is repulsive. I've never had a crush on a guy, besides one celebrity crush, but I fel like I possibly could have romantic feelings for guys in the future.

So my dilemma is, why do I see myself with a guy in the future, even though I'm attracted to women? Why do I still have lingering romantic feelings and butterflies when I think about a future with a man, even though IM ATTRACTED TO WOMEN? Is this some kind of hetero-romantic homosexual sh*t?

I think it might be because I'm not fully out to myself, and the idea of identifying as a lesbian scares me to f*ckin death, especially in my rather conservative catholic all-girls school, and I've heard my mother say on several occasions that lesbians "make her uncomfortable..."

The word "lesbian" feels right to me. I'm sexually attracted to girls. But romance with guys just feels more "meaningful."

Thanks so much for all of your input!

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like some lingering results of our heteronormative society. I also thin you're right that you're in denial about and won't fully admit you're lesbian because it's scary to you.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual or Transgender?

There is sexual and romantic attraction...

and some people say they need an emotional connection first...

Well... what could be the reason ? Did she herself have fellings this way... for example...

You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...so-frustrating-not-being-able-come-out.html#2
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...fo-you-got-ec-helped-you-accept-yourself.html

You might think about joining a gsa, or having a look at the next lgbt center near you, with activities and events... there even might be counseling there...
    you might call here if you want to speak to someone in person, or you might call at a lgbt center:
    GLBT National Help Center
    (using a mobile might be better)

Just take the time you need... (*hug*)