1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood Experiences?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Feb 17, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

When I was younger, a few girls had kissed me and we kind of did some other stuff. I was like still in elementary school I beleive? Yea I was. And I remember one time I wanted to kiss this girl that I would hang out with that had lived next door to one of my grandparents house. We were doing something before like playing house I think and like I leaned in to kiss her but her mom came and she told me to leave.

In a honesty I had no idea as to why it had happened back then. I mean, my parents never talked about LGBT community. Like I had no idea as to what happened back then. And now that I started to question myself (i am21) and started slowly to accept myself as a lesbian maybe that's why it had happened back then. Maybe I did like girls after all and it just took a really long time to accept it.

My question is does childhood experiences play a part of your sexual orientation?

2. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I quite agree. I got crushes on girls and boys, but I didn't want to kiss the girls. One day I tried to kiss a boy, a friend of mine, in the cheek and he told me boys don't do that! I did it once or twice more because for me it was perfectly natural, but stopped because he didn't like it and we were busy playing videogames. shortly after I forgot about it, and when my friends started to pay more attention to girls(10 or 11) I imitated them although I did not want to be kissed by them.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my childhood experiences primarily involved girls. I remember I acedentally kissed a girl whom I found pretty at the time. I think as I grew up, I never really thought if I was anything other than straight. I was well aware of LGBT things, but never really considered myself different. There wasn't really a sign.

And I never had any crushes on guys either. I always thought of them as friends even when I knew that there was a lesbian, gay and transgender on my swim team in high school. However, the father figure attraction was there. Still trying to figure it out.

I suppose for me, childhood experiences does play a role in my orientation, which is why I'm always going back and forth with gay, bi or even straight.

4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I think it can play a role in figuring out sexuality for some people but not all. I never had crushes on either gender as a kid. But like most little girls, always thought I would marry a boy one day.

Although, from the time I was 12-14 years old, I always had this reoccurring dream. I'm dancing at my wedding but my dance partner cannot be identified as male. Instead, it's a shadowy figure. Looking back, maybe my mind was trying to tell me something.

5. BiPenguin

The answer is yes. In my personal experience, yes. Definitely.

In my experience, nothing happened at all. I was in my third grade and staying at a friend of the family's house after school when on one day, their early teenage son came into his room from the shower which was where I was reading or whatever. It was definitely an emotional experience as I found myself attracted to his body and I couldn't myself from looking at his nether regions.

6. stylesgirl

I remember when I was six that my best friend told me that girls could marry girls so that meant that we could marry each other and I thought that was the greatest thing ever. :slight_smile:

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe for some people. Not for me though. I had crushes on girls up until I was 16. Although I knew I was bisexual at least since about 14, I never had any crushes on people of the same gender until I was 16. I really can't think of any "signs" other than the fact that I wasn't as interested as most boys were in girls.

8. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree with you on that one. Eversince I stared considering that I wasn't straight, I started to notice that I had crushes on guys as well. Very few, but I notice it now. Up until last year I've had numerous crushes on girls, but never on guys cause I always hung out with guys, and there wasn't really a sign.

9. DarkestDream

For me, not so much. I started having an attraction to girls when I was 13, and I had no idea about gay, straight, purple with a big head, nothing like that. Then at 14 I had a crush on a 23 year old butch woman who was in the Navy, who was staying with my family. At that age, I learned the term 'lesbian'. None of my experiences in life 'led' me to feel that way.