1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settled on Bi/Pan, but still unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've more or less accepted that I'm not 100% straight. I've got a gay side in me, which is fine. However, the label itself does not seem to fit right with me. I feel that relationships with women are still possible. I don't consider females as just friends, many times I've seen them more than that. It's the same with guys, except it's more physical. Up front, I can tell if he's attractive or not, but if I get to know him and he's like a cow inside, then I can't look at him the same way.

I've also thought about if the person I dated was a transgender. I wouldn't mind that actually. It's actually a bit of a turn on.

I mean, in the end, I think what I'll like the most about the person I'm dating is who they are as a person and not because they got a penis or a vagina. I mean, they both got their own benefits.

I've considered bisexual and pansexual, but what do you guys think? Where's the fine line between the two?

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh, if you recognize the non-binary nature of gender, you might be pan...

Otherwise, it's just a label. Stop fixating on the label, and get out there and enjoy your life.

3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From what you said, it sounds like you are bi or pan (I'm not sure about the fine line between the two) especially since you said that in the end what will probably matter most is the person inside and not the genitals. If you feel wrong with either one of those labels maybe you aren't used to them yet, even if you might think you are?

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I might not be use to it yet. I find that my attractions fluctuate all the time. Sometimes it's 60/40, 80/20, and a couple times 100/0. Do pansexuals go through this? I mean, the numbers are just strictly based on appearance, but when I get to know he person it definetly changes.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I think it's more likely your conscious and unconsicous are fighting and you're somewhere in the bargaining stage. The label isn't really important. Just follow your heart, and eventually, it will be come clear. Sometimes it just takes time.

6. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For practical purposes, they're usually the same. "Pansexual" is, among other things, an attempt to be more inclusive and less binary. I like the term "pansexual" because "bisexual" seems too focused on there being male and female, but I'll call myself bisexual as a general term when a label is called for.

As for percentages, I don't pay attention. It fluctuates sometimes for some bi/pan people. I'm consistent in finding women more sexually attractive but usually getting along better with men.