1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another questioning question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by idkman, Feb 19, 2015.

1. idkman

Hey,
    So for a while now I've been questioning my sexuality. And i'm pretty sure I'm gay but i could really use the thoughts and advice of others people who know where i'm coming from.
    So so far I've had one boyfriend. We dated and it was cute, but i never really felt anything. When we would make out it felt like a chore and I ended up avoiding him entirely and breaking up with him (because i really felt guilty dating him and seriously doubting if I liked him). Since then I've kissed a girl and it was great, so I'm pretty sure I'm gay. The thing is I don't know how to come out to my friends. They all think i'm either straight or bi, and have even introduced me to others as bi, and that's really begun to get on my nerves. I've never actually told any of them i'm bi.
    I'm also scared to let go of all the things that are 'normal' and say I'm gay, because I actually don't know that many guys, so I always think i could meet a guy and totally like him. Also, in general i can recognise when a guy is hot, I just don't feel it or start screaming like most girls. It feels fake.
    Sorry that was so jumbled, but any advice would help me out a lot :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is sexual and romantic attraction...

Empty Closets - For Parents
    The credible scientific literature, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the National Association of Social Workers are all completely clear on this issue: Sexual orientation is fixed very early in life, likely before birth, but certainly before 5 years of age. In an exhaustive review of the literature examining every study done in the past 50 years, the APA found that there was no credible evidence that sexual orientation is a choice, that it can be changed, or that so-called "reparative therapy" is effective in altering an individual's sexual orientation.

You might say that your orientation is not a choice...
    and that its neither your fault nor your parents upbringing...

and that your orientation is only a part of you... you are still the same person...
    reliable and with the same sense of humour...

but take the time you need...

hugs