1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labels? I don't know.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Marceline, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Marceline

Marceline Guest

A few months or so ago, I finally admitted to myself that I'm probably not straight. I used probably because well, let me explain. Firstly, I grew up in a really homophobic family, my mother and grandmother both are very homophobic. They sort of ingrained it into me that being gay is wrong and there are no such thing as love between the same gender. I did date guys when I was 13-16 because that's the normal thing to do. The way I dress isn't very girly or dykey and I had more guy friends than girl friends because I click better with guys because of my interests and personality. I do feel flattered when guys complement my looks, I actually like them. The guys I dated gave me gifts, complimented me, brought me on dates which made me happy but whenever they try to get me to do sexual stuff with them I just wasn't interested and broke off with them. I gave my first kiss to a really good looking guy when I was 15 and my immediate thoughts were 'so... That was it?' It wasn't as magical as what the others told me. We broke off after awhile because I wasn't very interested in having sex. Same goes for a few more guys I dated till I was 16.
    I met a really nice girl when I was 16, we clicked well and became really close friends. She was really attractive to the boys and we often get asked out by them. I went to her house everyday, even on school days, we basically just hang out and took naps. Her boyfriend hates me and gets jealous of me because she wants me to be wherever she wants to go when her boyfriend tags along, being gay isn't common and will be mocked by people in my country so I doubt he suspected that about me. One day I brought her to my house one day and we were just hanging out and when she left my mother walked into my room and gave me the gay talk, telling me I better be straight, that time being gay didn't really come across my mind and I just pushed it off because being gay to me was something unreal, only something you see on tv or on the Internet.
    Now that I'm in a different college from that girl, we hang out lesser but I realized I have actually wanted her since we hang out lesser. It's like when something interesting happens she's the only one I wanna tell. I do have a few other close female friends and I don't think of them as much as I think of her.
    Recently 2 guy best friends confessed to me, they do not know each other, I thought that they would make really good boyfriends but truth be told, I am not romantically interested and I feel really bad if I were to date any of them.
    I do find guys attractive. I do find girls hot. I have never dated a girl but I felt strongly for that girl. Someone said that I might be bisexual since I have dated guys but I'm not sure...

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look here for a few thoughts that might help you:
    Coming out

Well you seem to be more romantically interested in girls...

there is something like the kinsey scale, and you can look up tests, also for romantic attraction... don't take them too serious, just as something to think about...

and you really seem to like your girlfriend...