1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a 'normal' experience?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LaurenJ, Feb 23, 2015.

1. LaurenJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so I feel like I may be spamming this forum a little bit but I have so many different questions.
    I've accepted that I'm not straight and I'm out to my friends as bisexual. However, since I came out to them, I've started questioning my sexuality more than I used to. I've thought about the possibility of me being a lesbian as well as completely contradicting that thought by realising that I've never had a crush on a girl. It seems like I seem to go through periods of having little interest in males to having a huge preference for males and it's just a little bit confusing. I'm aware that it's possible to be bisexual and have a preference for one gender but what about huge fluctuations like this? Is it just a case of having a fluid sexuality?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going through this as well. It fluctuates quite a bit, and there isn't really a set pattern. I too never had a crush on guys, despite being around guys for a majority of my life, so identifying as bisexual doesn't seem right, but identifying as gay is isn't correct either.

I do have some sexual attraction to older men, so I'm using that factor to identify as bisexual.