1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety or arousal? I'm confused..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by automne, Feb 23, 2015.

1. automne

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (First of all, I'm sorry if my english is bad)

I was wondering what my reactions mean.

When I watch love scene in movies or tv shows, I get two different feeling toward straight relationship and lesbian relationship.

Straight relationship: My body feel hot and it's like I can't barely breathe. I feel like there's something in my throat and my heart is racing, but feel ''frozen'' at the same time. It's not a very pleasant sensation. It's more a physical reaction. I don't know if it's arousal or anxiety.

Lesbian relationship: I get ''shivers/electrical jolt'' down my neck and upper back. I feel like my heart was ''opening'' (I don't know how to explain). I feel shy, but happy at the same time, like I can breathe freely. It's a pleasant sensation. It's a physical and emotional reaction. Again, I don't know if it arousal or anxiety.

In your opinion, what do these two reactions mean?
    Which one sound more like genuine arousal?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well basically there could be a few reasons to feel like this... when seeing actors you could like them, or not...
    but as you describe it you have a better feeling when seeing women...

there is something like the kinsey scale, and you could look up tests for romantic attraction... don't take them too serious, just as something to think about... just as maybe a few hints to think about...

your english is good, by the way...

(*hug*)

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the same for me except reverse. It's a good point you bring up because anxiety can truly confuse you. I'm still trying to sort things out as well, so it'll take time.