1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting randomly turned on by women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by popcorn, Feb 27, 2015.

1. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have been straight all my life....

And now I'm questioning my sexuality... Because according to others... It's the way I look at women...

I don't want to be gay
    Don't want to act on it
    Don't fantasise about women

But why do I get randomly turned on by women that I'm not attracted to in ANY way

2. absolutely

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you don't want to act on it, and this is something defined by others, you shouldn't feel like you have to heavily question your sexuality. Women are pretty, sexuality is fluid, and sometimes you're just attracted to attractive people. I would not lose sleep over getting turned on when you see someone hot.

3. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's not even when I find them hot!! It could be with anyone. It's really strange... I do have social phobia and get regular panic attacks..

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you heavily admire them? I've considered this for myself. Homosexual behavior is not the same as homosexual orientation. The two aren't used interchangeably.

Well, if you get turned on by women, then that may mean there's something about women that seems attractive to you. Not attractive in a sense where you'd sleep with them or act on those fantasies, but that alone may be appealing to you because it's so... taboo, perhaps? I'm just throwing different possibilities out there.

Try to be open minded about it, probably the best way to understand yourself more.