1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found the guy I'm in love with but I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AlexSreb, Feb 28, 2015.

1. AlexSreb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I'm a guy and I'm 20 years old. Since I was young I felt attracted to men. I had a few girlfriends in the past. I though they were pretty, but I was never completely sexually attracted to them as I was to guys. I didn't want to be gay. I was terrified. Especially because I come from a conservative environment. I finally met a guy who I fell madly in love since the moment I saw him. I finally accepted to myself that I like men. This guy was completely worth it. It's been difficult because we are in a long distance relationship and our parents didn't know about our sexual orientation. Despite being far away, our relationship became more solid everyday. During winter break we both saw each other. We were the happiest because we finally got to hold hands, kiss, and hug for the first time. It was great. Our parents found out about our relationship. His parents were fine with it, but mine weren't. They told me that I just had a mental problem that could be cured. They told me I was just filling up a void. I knew they weren't wrong, but I know so little about being gay, that I felt confused. I've had an amazing relationship with my parents. And it was hurting me that they were disagreeing with me. They even told me that they would put me in a therapy to "heal me". I still have intense feelings for my boyfriend and love him to death. But all of the sudden I have moments were I'm afraid that my parents are right and that I'm not gay. I know in my heart that's not true. I have never been more happy with coming to terms with who I am. I love my boyfriend so much that I would go to therapy to become gay if I wasn't. What my parents said affected me. I still have doubts and I'm confused. For example, I have many good friends who are girls. Now all of the sudden, I find them attractive and I'm worried that I might be into them. I suddenly find women as attractive as men. I know when I'm with my guy, I don't have those thoughts. They just happen when I'm with him. I think a lot of this has to do with being long distance and that I come from a place that doesn't accept it. I'm in college in the US know, which helps a lot because the environment is a lot more accepting of this situation. My boyfriend is in the UK. Is what I'm going through normal? What can I do? Please help me. I need advice.

#1 AlexSreb, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. ConfusedguyZZ

You must talk to your parents, you are their son, They loved you so much before they learned about your relationship, tell them its your other half, you cant live without him, he makes you happy. If they want to help you they must support this relationship in order not to become "unormal". Ask them if they are homephobic
    As for you boyfriend , try chatting with skype, Facebook or phone. Have some pictures with him in order to feel his little touch. Call him everyday, say to him I love you.
    When two people are really in Love, that relationship mustn be destroyed.
    Make the difference! You are not a crazy , unnormal person. You are a person with strong good heart, just you love another person with the same SEX. and that's not bad