1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My aunt

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TrueColors, Feb 28, 2015.

1. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sooo... She just ranted about sin for 30 minutes, especially in colleges and she included "homosexuality" in the list. I just wanted to freaking smack her. Ugh. :***::bang:

2. lyjo

Are you close to her? Otherwise, just ignore her, she sounds like a bitch, there's nothing wrong with homsexuality. It really hurts when people say stuff like that, but they're just ignorant and closed minded.
    I'm sorry that happened to you. (*hug*)

3. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am pretty close to her which is making this more frustrating.

4. lyjo

Do you think coming out to her would change her views on homosexuality? Or would she be angry or in denial? You could try to slowly share your opinions, when she insults the gay community and talks about sin, maybe you should tell her that you're for marriage equality and support LGBT. See how she reacts. I understand how frustrating it can be, but there are some people that you shouldn't tell, unless yoy decide that either she accepts you or she doesn't.

5. TwoWays

No offence I want to smack her too. I would just ignore her till you think the time is right to start voicing your opinion. Slowly introduce your opinion and tell her about your opinion on LGBTQ+ when she brings anything up about homosexuality; see how she reacts and make a decision about whether you want to tell your aunt.

I know it's very annoying but hopefully you'll get through it. This is the point of EC, to vent about things like that, to get advice among others. Hope everything turns out okay.