1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any other gay guys not really "check out" men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EpicConfusion, Feb 28, 2015.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For one I don't find very many people attractive initially thus why I believe I am demisexual. Secondly, I find it difficult to see any of a man's physical features given the clothing most men wear which is somewhat baggy and not form-fitting as is girl's clothing. And lastly, I am one of those people who will purposely NOT look at someone I think is attractive.

Am I alone in this?

2. Gen

Gen

Very rarely.

There are times when I attempt to decide who within a room I find most attractive if I have nothing better to do, but even then it is largely based face, structure, demeanor, etc. It hardly ever turns sexual. I am most certainly not demisexual, however.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's interesting. I do that as well with girls, but I don't really get a groin response nor does it really turn sexual unless I want it to (or when they start getting really close to me).

With guys though, I also decide who in my line of vision looks good. If they got a nice physique then that'll get my attention. I suppose I'll make comments in my head like "He's a good looking guy".

4. Gen

Gen

Exactly. It is essentially a mindset of "If I had to choose to be with one person in this room, who would it be?". Which is why I would consider it more people watching then checking someone out because it is more about being curious of my own interests and who I would choose than who I actually plan on pursuing. They might not even be the type of person I could see myself being with.

Now, if there were someone that I was extremely attracted to, then I might check them out and let my mind wonder. Otherwise, I am too much of a heavy thinker to pay that much attention to random people.

5. ConfusedGuy4321

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Likewise. I feel threatened by other males in general (whether or not I find them attractive). I feel nervous around attractive women and I do let my mind wonder in that sense - but in terms of same-sex thoughts, it's nothing more than "He's got a nice body" or "He's good looking" yet that still gets into my head and makes me think I'm something other than straight - even though I believe I'm pretty much heterosexual.