1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Samantha44, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Samantha44

I've always previously identified myself as straight (I'm a girl) but recently I've been wondering if maybe I was wrong before. I have had one boyfriend, but I broke it off a few months ago because I saw him as more of a best friend/brother. After that, I started wondering is maybe it was because I wasn't attracted to just him, or to guys in general. I still look at guys now and (rarely, but sometimes) think they're attracrive, but I find myself looking at girls more. The guys my friends think are cute aren't attractive to me. I think I might be either lesbian, or bisexual (I don't know). I've always imagined myself with boys before, but recently, imagining myself with guys had seemed less and less realistic, if that makes sense. Imagining myself with girls also seems out there a bit, but I don't know if that's just because I've always seen myself as straight before. Also, if I am bisexual or lesbian ... will my friends still like me? Will my family accept me? My mom is pretty accepting of lgbt people, but my dad ... not quite as much. But, I don't know, am I only feeling this way because of my recent breakup with my boyfriend, or did that just bring attention to feelings I've already been having?

2. SoulSearcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well i wouldnt jump the gun, but sometimes for people that have a breakup like that they suddenly begin to question. I wouldnt jump to conclusions just because it didnt work out with one guy. You shouldnt bring needless stress to an area that you arent even sure theres something to stress over. Dont rush yourself. I know alot of girls who had your experience but that was only because they didnt feel a spark with that guy. They then find a guy later who they are madly in love with. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, and think about what makes you comfortable. Come at new ideas with an open mind, but dont let the thoughts make you stress. No one else can give you an answer besides yourself. But from what i have read, i think you just feel this way because of the breakup.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually what happened to me.

To OP: My guess is that the first relationship kind of gave you a bad wrap. That's just my guess, but since you've started questioning yourself, maybe explore that other side of you a bit more? Definitely don't jump right in to it, but take it slow and see where it goes. You might not got any answers in the beginning, but with time you will.

4. wilkysarah1

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the same way, especially about breaking up with guys because they feel like best friends, which is what happened to the past 3 guys I've had a "thing" with or dated. It's super frustrating because I want to like them like a boyfriend, but I don't get excited by them and they sometimes annoyed me when they were too clingy. I know for sure I like girls (no specific crushes but I just know) and I'm not entirely sure about guys but I think I like them, so as of right now I'm labeling myself bisexual bit we'll see once I get older and have more experiences. Would like to see more replies on this wall too.

5. choirsmash

Girls have something called erotic plasticity which makes it a little more complicated when we're questioning our sexuality. This erotic plasticity causes us to be a little bit more open to curiosity than guys. So it's hard to distinguish whether you're just curious or if you really are bi or homosexual. It's okay to not know though, I don't. It's not something to get super anxious or depressed about (I know easier said than done). Just don't worry too much about what people think yet. Discover it for yourself and cross that bridge when you come to it. Good luck in your discovery!