1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamed for straight life, but my sexuality clashes

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheDivineMsA, Mar 5, 2015.

1. TheDivineMsA

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I spent my life dreaming of a straight future. I have always wanted to be a mom to like, a ton of kids. I wanted to stay at home with them, take care of the home and bake and cook for my family. I dreamt of a husband and the mom and dad relationship. Theres just one problem. I'm sexual attracted to woman.
    I know this probably seems like a stupid problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with same sex parenting. Its just not what I pictured.
    Guys have always been my best friends,.Hell, I've dated most my friends at this point in my life. And I have never dated another woman.
    I just feel so divided, like my sex life and the rest of my life are completely seperate and secret from each other.
    Has anyone out there felt like this?

2. gleewarblergirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yup

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2015 at 12:58 PM ----------

I used to dream of being married to a nice guy and having kids. but I jus dont feel that way about guys, and now I dream about that stuff but with a wife, and it makes me much more happy.

3. Clay

Of course.

In fact I'd be surprised if you find someone who imagined they were going to be gay in the future.

4. Queero

Oh yeah.
    I wanted to be stay-at-home kind of parent, maybe only working occasionally, because I love kids. And I wanted (still do) a whole bunch.
    And for me, that dream made me realize a few things, 1) I wanted to be a dad, not a mom, and 2) I still liked guys.

That threw me off for sure.

But that doesn't mean you can't still have that. I plan on adopting kids.

5. TheDivineMsA

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How do you handle it?

6. isaac84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Handle it as you do. Ask questions to yourself, ask other people, muddle through.

I dreamed of a lot of things but it seems everything in life has turned out so different from what my dreams were. I feel disappointment and guilt but at some point I guess you either break down from the stress or cut yourself some slack on being human.

Perhaps getting out and about, doing activities you love and meeting the woman of your dreams will take your mind of what you cannot change. :slight_smile:

7. Queero

Me?
    Well, I haven't come out to most people yet.
    I am not in any sort of relationship either, and I'm still a teenager, so kids of my own is a distant dream, not something I will have soon.
    I do childcare work and babysitting occasionally, so that's how I get my baby fix.

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2015 at 03:26 PM ----------

If you want to make yourself totally fine with not having kids yet, I would recommend working with a large group of 2-year-olds, with a few infants mixed in.

It will erase all of your thoughts, leaving only instinct. :slight_smile:

8. Seagypsy

This is so true for me!

I turned 37 today.... :eek: :eek:

I have always wanted 2 or 3 kids but never even had a real relationship yet!!!

I like some women but also keep getting attracted to men - I could settle down with a guy, but I only fancy bisexual guys, so the chances are rather slim... :icon_sad::icon_sad:

9. RainbowVomiter

You can achieve all of that with a woman! :slight_smile: I would suggest searching out happy women in relationships with other women. You can do it online if you can't find any IRL. Having them say positive things about their relationship and family can really help one stop believing they're doomed.

10. TheDivineMsA

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm also kinda concerned to start dating other women at this point in my life. I'm 29, I have a child, I was engaged to a man for 2 years (he is deceased now.)
    I just don't know how to approach other women. And I don't want to waste anyone's time if they don't want to date someone completely new at all this.