1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Identity?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by midnightsun, Mar 7, 2015.

1. midnightsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm very unsure what to classify myself. Yes, I know I don't have to have a label to live my life but I just feel like I've lost my "identity" if you understand me?
    I am a natural born female who identifies with the female gender, i am in a relationship with a natural born male who identifies with the male gender. BUTand that is a very big but, I am also attracted to females. Your first answer would probably be "OK well then you're Bi-sexual". Here the deal though, I am sexually, emotionally, and physically attracted to men, but I am only physically attracted to females. While I can be turned on and attracted women I have no desire to have sex or such with a woman.

Does that make sense? :confused:

Bi-sexual or pan-sexual just don't seem to fit right for me.
    I like men,
    I like women
    But I don't like like women ?
    *sigh* I'm confused for nothing aren't I? This should just be an easy answer for me shouldnt it?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Labels just aren't that great. I'm quite lost as well, so not sure if I can help you much. I mean, in the end, the label you choose is the label that you are most comfortable with, and represents you the most.

I for one, feel that there is something for girls. I obviously cannot explain it, but I know something is there, so identifying as gay would be lying to myself. Many times I'll bounce between gay/straight/bi just from how I feel from day to day and how bad my anxiety is.

Another thing to note is that I'm not your typical "gay/bi guy in denial". Never once have I tried to suppress my feelings, and hoped that it was a stage. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what everything means, and to be honest none of it really makes sense.

Even if bi/pan doesn't fit for you now, I think you should consider exploring these feelings. How you explore them I cannot say, since I'm new to this as well, but I recommend looking back at your past attractions and see how they might align with who you are now.

I mean, it's so common for girls to make out with other girls and still identify as straight. Why this concept does not work for guys I cannot say, but I believe that anything is possible since in the end, you know yourself better than anyone.