1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I have been just feeling aesthetic attraction all this time?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MossyCave, Mar 8, 2015.

1. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm finding it hard to know how I feel about men. Basically I thought I was only attracted to women for a few years, I always had crushes on boys in my childhood but the real crushes which came in adolescence were on girls mostly. After coming to college I just can't ignore men, I'm leaning towards them way more. I joined a dating app and chose to see men and women, and I just find myself far more interested in the men. Not just the way they look, I enjoy talking to them more, I'm generally just more interested in men. But I don't know if I've ever really felt sexual attraction to a man.

I've had crushes on guys, in the sense that I want to be intimate with them. I have a crush now which describes how I have felt about guys in the past... Like I get to know this great personality, and then I start becoming attracted to him, because his face, body, voice, belongs to him. I want to be close, intimate, I want to be in love with them, and though I am crushing on them, I'm not in love with them. I have a crush but it's not a normal crush, I don't know how to describe it. I know all about squishes etc, but I do have a crush, I can't pinpoint what's missing. I think about having sex with men, but not usually crushes. I think about having sex with crushes sometimes, it's not good or bad it's just.. whatever, like it feels irrelevant. I thought maybe it was just my individual personality, maybe I'm not as visual as most people and I don't think about sex, maybe I wouldn't be ready to have sex with him so I find it weird thinking about it. I would have sex with him but I think the only reason would be because I feel like I should? It wouldn't be a build up of sexual tension, it wouldn't be urges, it would be thought out.
    Am I not sexually attracted to men?? I'm confused. I like my crush so much but when I was thinking about having sex with him it was more out of curiosity than sexual attraction. I'm physically attracted to him but I don't know about sexually.:icon_redf