1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing yourself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by heartsofdark, Mar 10, 2015.

1. heartsofdark

I'm trying to observe how I feel instinctually when close to men and women to get a better idea of who I am.

Ok lets say you get in an elevator full of men, how do you feel? Let's say you get an elevator full of women, how do you feel? I had this happen to me today and when it was full of men I was like...not even really thinking about anything. But in the elevator full women my heart was racing and all I was thinking was "don't look at any of their asses, oh god, this elevator is full of women, don't get hard"

2. woahthatsboring

That's an interesting theory...

3. SoulSearcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would say the elevator of men i would be really scared and uncomfortable. I Would feel inadequate and wait for it to be over. With girls i would be calmer because im not scared of them as much. That does not mean anything about sexual orientation for people who are dealing with social anxiety and other issues. So this concept could be flawed.

4. Justinian20

I would react the way the OP did to women to an elevator full of men. I would be like oh my God, all these sexy men are in the elevator, I better not look at any of them, and for women nothing would happen for me

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say I would feel anything strong in either circumstance--and I'm pretty damn gay. To be honest it sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself of something. But then again I don't really know you...

6. TheStormInside

Agreed... I tend to be a lot more nervous around men because I feel like they are "judging" me more than women. I don't think nervousness alone indicates attraction, though sometimes it does come along with it.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it depends the kind of guys. If it's a guy my age then that does nothing for me. Sometimes I'll purposely test myself but it doesn't work, no reaction. With women I can imagine things like "hehe, HOT". But if it's the guys that trigger my anxiety, I'll definitely get anxious and that's when it turns sexual and that's when I think I'm gay.

8. heartsofdark

Even skyscrapers sway a little :lol:

To be honest though I'm having more and more of these moments were I'm realizing I'm just open minded and straight. I think I might be compensating other sexuality issues outside of orientation by convincing myself I'm gay.

I think I'm gonna experiment, try it, see how it feels and then go from there. Life's too short to not try something at least once.

9. SoulSearcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This sounds like me " open minded and straight. I think I might be compensating other sexuality issues outside of orientation by convincing myself I'm gay. "

At least thats what i hope sounds like me. It sucks not knowing.
    But im too scared to ever think about experimenting. I really dont want to, but what if i secretly do and it happens and i like it? Endless convos like those go on in my head.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a plan. I've been with women. Sometimes you just gotta try it on and see... Try not to hurt anyone emotionally along the way, including yourself...

11. Ninagrrl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, this would be a botched experience all together. I would be having issues being alone in an elevator full of men because I have dealt with sexual abuse and would nearly have a panic attack. With women it would be a constant fight to not stare at their chests. I would feel awkward and get out as soon as possible. I have the same outward reaction (running) for two different reasons. The experiment would be flawed due to not enough data control on WHY a person reacted the way they did not that they reacted at all.

12. heartsofdark

Just out of curiosity, have you ever fallen in love with or were in love with a woman?