1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused and scared

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Keepsmiling, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Keepsmiling

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm new here, but I cannot talk about this with anyone off-line and I feel like I need to talk about this. Not that my friends and family are not supportive of the LGBTQ community, but I am an intensely private person, and even writing this makes me very anxious!

So, I am a 17 year-old girl, and I always thought of myself as extremely straight. However, over the past few months I started doubting my sexuality, and now it is all that I can think about. Whenever my friends talk about hot guys, I find that I am not really attracted to them or I have to talk myself into being attracted to them - I always told myself that I'm just very picky and that the right guy hasn't come around. Whenever I watch a movie, I always find the girls much more amazing than the guys, and I always told myself that I just look up to them. But now I seem to have a crush on a female teacher (which I think is gross, but can't stop feeling) of mine (who I have had for over one and a half years), and I have only truly had feelings for her in the past few weeks. But that has made me really doubt my sexuality. And the more I think about it, the more it rings true. But what if this is only a phase? What if I am just talking myself into it? I am so confused, but also scared, because whenever I pictured my future, I always pictured finding "Mr. Right", getting married and having kids, and now this is turning everything around!

So I don't want to tell anyone until I am sure, but I can't think about anything else and the question whether I am lesbian or bisexual keeps running through my head, what can I do??? None of my friends/ family are LGBTQ and I don't know the first thing about any of this, and I anyway have anxiety, and this is just making it worse. I feel sick and my heart won't stop racing! What can I do?

2. itsmary

Welcome to the EC community :slight_smile:

First of all: relax.

Secondly, have you ever fallen in love with a boy? Have you ever feel attracted to them? If the answer is 'no', you're probably lesbian.

Don't feel afraid to be a lesbian, at first it may get a little hard but here you can find good people than can help you:slight_smile:

As you said, maybe it's just a phase or you may be bisexual but as a lesbian, I don't believe in phases.

Just post in my wall if you want more advice or tell me about your worries, I'll be glad to help you :slight_smile:

Oh, and I had a crush on a teacher too. It's pretty normal, don't feel ashamed!

3. Keepsmiling

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank-you so much for your reply! Sorry for not responding sooner, but I guess I was kinda too nervous. Anyway, your reply was super helpful. I guess I can't figure all of this out tonight and no-one can figure it out for me, but I was feeling so lonely and lost, and hearing from you gave me a feeling of "I'm not alone". So I guess all I'm trying to say is: Thank-you!

4. woahthatsboring

You're definitely not alone! Recently I just discovered that I might be bisexual and the whole process is scary... I'm still scared but you're not alone. And the teacher thing is nothing to be ashamed of, I find a lot of my teachers, male and female, attractive! Like the person above said--- if you can't see yourself attracted to a guy, you might be a lesbian. Think about girls your age, are you attracted to them?

5. VTH

VTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That literally is the EXACT same thing I'm going through but I have a crush on one of my good friends. I've been trying to notice myself more, like how do I feel when I talk to a girl rather than a boy? How do I feel around this certain person? Thats been working for me! Yes, I'm still questioning but, it's helped become a little more closer to trying to figure out my sexuality. You should just try to think about how you feel and act when you're around girls or the certain person you like. If you get like super butterflies in your stomach or something...

6. itsmary

I'm happy to read that. You can count on all of us :slight_smile: