1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Do you like boys?"

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagypsy

I remember being asked this question more than once as a teenager! It was the cause of great confusion, both for myself and the casual observer who asked the question...

Of course, I always said "Yes!" Because I did! I liked boys and men, not many of them but definitely certain ones, with certain characteristics - a slim build, not much muscle, longish hair, long eyelashes, a nice jawline... (guess what, this perfectly describes my ideal physical type, and out of that list only the jawline can be classed as a typical masculine trait!) :icon_wink

But my college friends, it seems, did not mean that - they meant different boys, boys with muscle, and lots more boys, or boys-in-general (whatever that means!) They were luke-warm about my type of boy, just as I was luke-warm about theirs!

So in the eyes of my straight friends, I didn't really like boys at all... although as far as I'm concerned, I did!! So you see how confused someone can be about what it means when someone questions who they are attracted to... words can have so many different meanings... :eusa_doh:

2. woahthatsboring

So you just like the guys appearance but didn't like the guys?

3. Quen

I'm also attracted to skinny guys with long hair. As long as those people consider themselves guys, then they are guys. Not fitting the masculine stereotype doesn't mean they aren't guys. Therefore, if you like them, you like guys. Your friends are being very judgmental to both you and nonstereotypical guys if they make those kinds of criticisms.

4. Seagypsy

No, I just meant that my friends didn't fancy those types of guys whereas I did. I didn't know many boys well enough then to have a relationship so it was mostly based on appearance, yes. But when I did start getting to know guys, it was always the bisexual guys I got feelings for, never straight ones (before I knew the guys were bi). Sometimes a guy won't look so feminine but his personality will be, and thats when I fall for him!

I know they are guys, but I now realise that if I can fancy such feminine traits in men, then of course I can fancy women as well. I don't fancy pure masculinity at all - butch lesbians are usually too butch for me, same as straight men!

I'm kinda like a gay man in a woman's body which is really annoying!!! But I like a few girls, too..

#4 Seagypsy, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Quen

Guys who look or act more feminine aren't necessarily bisexual (or gay or straight). Bisexual (or otherwise) people come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. And not all people who like feminine traits in guys (physical or emotional) also like women or those traits in women. Nor does liking those traits make you a gay guy (unless you're trans; sorry for not checking). But it's perfectly fine if attraction works like that for you and if you prefer more feminine traits in general.

Also, sorry if my previous post sounded kind of grumpy. Or this one. Just trying to dispel some myths. And sorry if you already knew those things.

#5 Quen, Mar 11, 2015
  6. Seagypsy

I'm not trans (although I'm starting to feel as if my brain is!) :eusa_doh:

I don't fancy *all* bisexuals, its just the people I do fancy always turn out to be bi, and then I realise why i.e. they all have the kinds of traits I go for. Attraction definitely works for me like this, and I know that many bisexual people do agree, although not all.

I am just trying to work out my sexuality. No, it doesn't have to mean I fancy women with those same traits even if I fancy feminine men, but it seems that I do fancy some women, if that makes sense. I just think if I fancied more masculine guys, then I'd be more likely to be straight, but I think I'm actually in denial of being bi, and might like more women than I have let myself so far.

I fancied feminine men 20 years ago, heck 25 years ago, and still do today. I have never fancied straight, masculine men :frowning2:

Why is it that people seem to get offended when I post this stuff? These are not myths, they are the workings of my mind, which I am trying hard to figure out!

#6 Seagypsy, Mar 11, 2015
  7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm with you girl, I am not at all attracted to masculinity.

The guys I'm attracted are probably even more feminine than the ones you like. I really love those crossdresser/androgynous types.

Yet I'm still at least 70% gay

8. Quen

I'm not offended, I promise! :slight_smile: I guess I'm just confused as to what you're asking here. You definitely seem to be bisexual because you like both men and women. You don't have to like them equally to be bi. And it doesn't really matter what traits you like in them, as long as you like both of them. You can be bi and like any combination of traits with each specific gender. If you think your affinity for feminine men predisposed you to also liking women, then that's fine. To me, personally, it seems like you're implying that what works for you also works for everyone else, which I don't think you're doing intentionally. And I think that's where I was confused before. Sorry about that.

9. Queero

That sounds like my kind of guy. I don't like muscles, or facial hair, or many of the things some my friends would like in a guy. My friends think the guys I tend to like are "feminine". I just think I like the 'rocker' look.
    But I'm not attracted to women at all.

10. Seagypsy

No worries :slight_smile: Only I don't think my sexuality "works" for anyone, especially not me... I feel like it's the most dysfunctional sexual orientation possible!

Let's hope that might change soon with one of the 2 lovely guys at work, and the lovely girl too! :icon_wink

I don't think it predisposed me though, I think I liked women anyway but suppressed it.. I have loved feminine, androgynous guys all my life. I think I just love femininity but feel more comfortable when it comes in a male body, although I can enjoy it in females too of course, but not without feeling really awkward!

11. woahthatsboring

Nowwww I see where you're going! I think you're bisexual, like the person said before you seem pretty attracted to females and just because the guy you like might be a "pretty boy" doesn't mean you don't like guys because even if he happened to be bisexual himself or very feminine looking with nice features he's still a guy and you being bisexual might have something to do with them being a pretty boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.