1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not straight, I'm.... Uh?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Azael, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Azael

Like I mentionned in the title, I am not hetero. I've had an attraction to girls for as long as I can remenber and crushes on several girls (straight girls :bang:slight_smile: It took me a while yo understand what it meant but now I do and I'm fine on that end.
    Thing is I'm not sure if I'm just lesbian or if I'm bi.
    I have had crushes on a couple of guys too but my attraction to guys isnt as frequent as with girls. It might be because I don't hang out with boys as often (less chances to get emotionnaly attracted) but its the same physicaly.
    My crushes have been about 50/50 guys/gurls but most of my guy crushes were when I was younger, before I understood I was attracted to girls so... It biaise things? Maybe.. Urgh. Im putting way too much though into this... Comes with being a insecure person I guess --"
    I came out as bi to my patents but did tell my mom I could also only be gay.

In short; im confused. Gay or bi? How can you really know?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Generally, if you're able to be attracted to guys, you aren't lesbian by definition.

Bi people can and do have preferences, though. I'm bi and I prefer guys by far, but girls are super cute and lovely too. Perhaps you feel the same way, but for girls?

As for how you can really know, you'll know. Bi people are attracted to any gender while gay people are just attracted to one, but it's up to you to decide if this really fits how you feel, you know? Good luck.

3. woahthatsboring

I think being a lesbian means you can't find any attraction towards males and it seems like you said you did when you were younger, you're still kind of young so maybe if you were to hang around guys more you can tell how you feel about them more and if there is any attraction there more than friendly, you might be bi. See where it takes you from there
    Best of luck

4. Azael

Thanks I really appreciate the answers, it helped ^^
    I did have legitimate feelings for guys (one pretty recently even) So I guess this makes me bi.
    Yeah that would make a lot of sense. That explaination works for me :slight_smile: