1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused... Help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedGirl96, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ConfusedGirl96

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    For as long as I've known I've been straight. Sure, a bit of a tomboy since I grew up with a twin brother, boy cousin, and a nephew (who is only a year younger than me), but I never thought anything of it. I've never been in a relationship with anyone, let alone kissed someone. However, lately I've realized that I like one of my best friends, and not the way that I'm used to. I've actually started thinking about doing things with her.... I'm used to doing this with guys, but not girls. I've always been open to the LGBT society, but I never thought I'd be part of it like this. Am I just bi-curious or is it more? I'm really fine with whatever answer I get, and I can give more information if need be, but the next problem would be telling my friends and family... especially my homophobic dad.

2. eightyeight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand how you feel, I'm in the same situation right now.

I think you need to take it slow first, don't think about telling your friends and family just yet. Just focus on yourself first.

I'm really in love with this friend, sometimes including the thoughts of touching her and stuff. But that's the least of my concerns because I just want her to be happy and comfortable. I'd say that I love her disregarding her gender. You can say I'm bisexual if you want but I just fell in love with my best friend who is an amazing person.

What do you feel about your friend though?

But I think if you do feel an attraction to another girl, sexually or just something more than friendly attraction should, there's a chance you're at least bisexual. But that's just my thoughts!

3. LoveForHumanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there, I felt like replying to you because I actually felt the same way you are feeling years ago. I'm 23 years old currently in college and about to graduate. When I was a child I always liked boys, my first boy crush was when I was in kindergarten and I always thought I would be straight for the rest of my life, I never fell for a guy after kindergarten. I started experiencing what you felt during my sophomore and senior year in high school, I started actually feeling attracted to girls. This completely got me even more confused, I never allowed my confusion to take over me, I told to myself, maybe this will pass and I continued to enjoy every single minute of life. Then years passed and now I'm 23 and I'm still feeling attracted to girls. I actually have fallen for one of my best friends but nothing happened because she did not saw me the way I saw her. The only advice I can give to you is for that not to be dwelling on your mind 24/7, I know how that feels and I understand the confusion you might be going trough, keep enjoying life and do good in school, life will clear you out of confusion, things will fall into place when you let them happen. Also, don't rush things to find out like sleeping or kissing girls to see if you might be bisexual or lesbian, I think that will make you even more confused. If you are lesbian or bisexual life will tell you with time. I hope this advice finds you well.