1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your "type" of guy/gal/person?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just wanted to make a fun thread where everyone can share who/what their ideal romantic/sexual partner would be or who/what their current partner is. I don't mean to objectivize anybody by making this thread, but I just thought it'd be a cool way that many of us (including me) can take the first step towards identifying who/what we are who we would love to love (or who we currently love). :kiss:

There are no right or wrong answers. You can discuss anything from physical appearance to dress style to interests. Please keep answers appropriate as best as you can (if you can?). This website isn't a dating forum, so don't treat it that way, but it may help to think of your response in that manner.

Best of luck to everyone in their love lives. (*hug*)

2. Gen

Gen

Physically: I don't have a type. Race, height, build, demeanor, etc; I've been attracted to all.

*Though this is interesting because I was just watching in a checkout line behind a man that had to be 6'6"+. I swear his hips were only a few inches below my shoulders. So, I suppose I draw the line at being closer to eye level with his scrotum than with his face. Everything has a limit.

3. cognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone who gets the Oxytocin flowing.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personality: smart, playful, a little bit shy, understands my sense of humour, individuality, loves to read..

Physical: shorter than me, beautiful eyes (blue/green)..

It's all in the charm, it doesn't matter how good looking a girl is, it's something she exudes attracts me.

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it wrong I have a different type for guys than I do for girls? :wink:

Personality-wise, I like guys who are really sweet, but cheeky, and not afraid of being weird and nerdy, and I tend to like girls who are really independent, but funny

But basically, if you're cute and funny, I probably have a crush on you

6. africanFlower

mmhh.. in terms of fashion, im all about androgynous street style. i like someone who is very daring with what they wear too (look up ari fitz- she is hot lol):slight_smile:

personality wise, i would have to say that any1 who has that lazy laid back factor i will most likely fancy

other than those two points i cant think of anything else that would make a person my type...mmh i dont know, oh also wit and sarcasm seem to do it for me :slight_smile: ok im done

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2015 at 04:51 AM ----------

oh this is all specific to females though

7. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They have to be smart or if not smart ,witty or sarcastic so we can engage in banter
    Pretty good sense of style tho I'm not extremely hung up on it
    For guys a bit of shared interests sports video games music are kinda musts
    For girls those things are a plus but not necessary
    And physically I like nice asses (ok who doesn't):lol: And blue eyes do weird things to me lol
    But I am not limited to any race. As one of my friends put it before I was out. I'm an equal opportunity guy. Guys, Girls, White,Black,Hispanic ,Asian, whatever. And while it freaked me out at the time she wasn't wrong:grin:

#7 Chi and Bashful, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  8. Itsasecretx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm let me think..
    Personality
    - Sense of humor
    - Funny
    - Caring and has a huge sense of Justice.
    - Likes animals
    - Can show vulnerability

Physically
    - Doesn't have to look like Delta Goodrem... but id prefer attractive.
    - Short, tall, skinny, bit on the chubby side.. it doesn't matter
    . I don't mind short hair or a bit of a masculine look, but id like them to be comfortable as a girl and still be attractive as I am not attracted to Males. (Hence being Lesbian)
    But definitely Someone who loves to cuddle and snuggle and spend time doing everything and nothing! Hehe.

9. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, wow, she is lovely! :astonished: Usually I'd consider someone like Ari "not my type" but I guess this just shows how flexible humans be.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 09:29 PM ----------

My type:

The cute short-haired girl

Short black hair, pale skin (for contrast), light eyes (though I do love brown eyes too), cute smile. Probably someone who's a bit out of the norm of society (hence, the short hair). The kind of person who'd get in your face and smile at you. Sweet in her own way. Someone who'd might wear black jeans, a collared shirt, a sloppy skinny necktie, and beat-up shoes. XD

I adore the androgynous look on women (though for some reason, not so much on men. I don't feel much attraction towards, say, a generic Kpop star).

I also love women with long, wavy hair who look good in flowy white tops and dresses. So that's a bit ironic.

Personality: I think it's all been said. Funny, smart, cute. Someone with an honest smile, who smiles with her eyes, not just her lips. I love nerds (though I have trouble relating to geeks--there is a difference though sometimes the lines blur). I love artists who also have a dash of rationality and sense--someone sharp and sophisticated (mentally). She doesn't have to look perfect, but once I fall for a woman, she might as well be perfect if you just look at the way I'll treat her and talk to her.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 09:30 PM ----------

Hell yes to androgynous street style!

10. Looks-wise, I have no type. I do not have room to be picky at all, plus I can't say I have looks as a priority.

Personality-wise, just needs to be at least a little bit intelligent, and most of all, kind; again, other personality facets aren't important because I don't think I have that great of a personality either.

11. AsheTheHuman

Physically, I don't really have much of a type. I like freckles, I guess? XD Personality wise... They have to be kind before all else. If they're funny, then that's bonus points. I guess they also have to be kind of nerdy. Someone who would go with me to conventions and to midnight movie releases. They also probably couldn't prescribe to any religion. Too many arguments any other way I'd fear.

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

13. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personality: Interesting, someone who could be intellectually stimulating and yet could just have fun, I'd like him to be protective too :3

Physically: I'd really like him to be at least taller than me... (180cm here, so it may be hard to find). I have preferences, but if I'm in love it doesn't matter.

14. Kalub Alec Ross

I'm never attracted to anyone who's not androgynous in at least a few ways. Tomboys, gay guys, girls with masculine facial features, masculine lesbians, Eddie Redmayne oh my god. I can't deal with freckles - basically anyone with freckles on the androgynous spectrum I'm head-over-heels for. Confidence. That's a big one too. Someone who's assertive, who's happy, who's comfortable in their own skin. I think I'm attracted to these things because they're all really foreign to me and yet are the qualities I wish most I embodied.
    (we're talking aesthetic attraction 100% here, romantic/sexual attraction doesn't really apply to me)

15. JooBooGoo

Personality-wise, guys that are sweet and somewhat feminine.
    Physically- guys that are taller than 5.3in and kinda bulky, but bot to the point of looking like a supermodel.

16. LexSeir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like short, mildly muscular guys with dark hair... but honestly appearance isn't too important to me. Personality wise, I'd really just say has a good sense of humor and understands my own.

17. Queero

The "rocker" look. Long hair, no facial hair, not big on muscles, jeans and T-shirt, quirky.

Former AC/DC bassist Mark Evans, Marc Bolan, those sort of guys.

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The cute type. ♥ (In looks, personality, behavior/mannerisms, etc.)

That's the best way to sum it up I guess. Lol. I really really love femininity, for one thing. It's one thing that definitely results in cuteness. ^^ Traits like shyness and modesty are also adorable. Girls can be cute in multiple ways, and it's extra awesome when they're cute in every way possible! Hehe~.

19. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He should be witty and can manage to have a good conversation with me. Geek is a plus plus. He should, of course, like what I like (especially my fandoms). GAMER! Yes, he should at least beat me in one of my games (tho if he really is cute, I might go easy on him :grin: ) Preferably about my height or higher and have facial hair, tho I dont consider this too much. And most importantly, he should be sweet. But not necessarily cutiepatootie-cupcake-honeybunch-sweetiepie sweet, I actually hate that. More like "Hahaha-I-beat-your-ass-in-Tekken"-followed-by-a-kiss type of sweetness.

20. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love it when people care and inform themselves about things (like all sorts of equality, education, how things work, whatever) and can talk about these things without talking down to anyone. Being able to talk to someone about anything I want is pretty important to me.

Looks play a bigger role for me than I like, but that doesn't mean I only like model-types, I just have to like the way the person looks.
    I rarely get attracted to blond guys for some reason. I definitely have a thing for blue/turquoise eyes. Clothes-wise I don't really have a specific type, I just like it when people wear clothes that suit them.