1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i would like some help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by David21201, Mar 14, 2015.

1. David21201

Okay so I've liked girls since 4th grade. I also have some feelings for some guys. This is where I need help.

I've been out to myself for awhile now. I've told some people that I am a lesbian. Well...now I'm not sure. My parents when they found out said me being a lesbian was "just a phase". I wouldnt mind dating a guy, but I would never possible dream of sleeping with him. My preference is totally for girls romanticly and sexually. However, I really don't care what gender the person is I just care about what kind of person they are. I've recently talked this over with my ex and she said I could easily be pansexual with a preference for girls and my gay "older brother" said I could be a lesbian just have some attraction to guys. I think he said panromantic or biromantic also....

Any advice would be great!

**I literally only have 1 adult I know personally that I can talk to about this. My parents and school counselor are completely out of the question. :frowning2:

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you just said, it sounds like you could be a panromantic, a polyromantic, or a biromantic, but also a lesbian with one of those, like how I'm a panromantic lesbian. You could look up what those mean and see which one fits you best.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Beware the Ides

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Labels can be really useful when it comes to giving other people something they can define and look up and understand, and also when it comes to seeing what options there are and learning where and how you fit with other people. The other thing to keep in mind, though, is everyone's so different, and it can also be okay to just be who you are right now.

"Just a phase" is probably one of the most harmful things I've ever heard, because it means that who you are right now is less important than who you'll be for the rest of your life, as though people don't change, and that's ridiculous. If you're into girls right now, that's awesome! It doesn't matter if you start being more into guys in three years, or if you're still loving the ladies, or all or neither or both. It might be hard for your parents to understand, but for better or worse, 'being something your parents don't necessarily understand' is kind of part of the teenaged experience.