1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can sexual attraction just pop up out of no where?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MouseKeeper, Mar 14, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

I'm officially and admittedly confused about my orientation now. Over the past two weeks, I've FINALLY experienced what is defined as sexual attraction for the first time, and it wasn't a one time deal. I've experienced it a few times since then, almost as if it just exploded out of nowhere. Can sexual attraction appear out of nowhere, or is there a better explanation for what happened? Also, could there be a reason that it took this long to start experiencing it? Thanks a bunch.

2. MouseKeeper

I just did a few google searches and I didn't get an answer to my question. I'm incredibly confused about what has been going on, so, help is appreciated.

3. SoulSearcher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Many people develop at different rates. I would say its normal for it to pop out of nowhere. Sometimes other mental issues can mess you up and slow you down. Depression, anxiety, and tons of stuff. So that when you start to get older and change more and get better you and your body suddenly allow yourself to experience these things. Some would argue that you probably felt it before but ignored it or repressed it, but that doesnt make sense. You are in charge of what you are feeling and if this is new to you then be happy that you are experiencing feeling sexual attraction (if you are sure thats what it is). Accept the fact that its happening now and be happy that you get to feel something incredible that people have always talked about and felt for a long time. You are just a late bloomer, perfectly fine. Who is it too just wondering?

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I actually understand how you feel because this happens to me too even though I feel mostly asexual compared to everyone else. I think some people either develop late, or they're just very very very selective.

5. MouseKeeper

My girlfriend, and a couple of men I walked by in the street. That's it so far.

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Could be that you just accepted your sexuality fully and stopped stressing about it?

7. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have experienced something similar, it happened when I stopped repressing my feelings. It might be because of this.