1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Female help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Vesalius, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have just recently come to terms and accepted that I am bisexual. I haven't told anyone and don't plan to because I know they won't accept me and will ridicule me. I have always suppressed what I am feeling and I just want to understand what I am experiencing because I don't know anyone who is struggling or has embraced their sexuality that I can talk to. I don't have many friends because I am too scared to be truthful with people and always push them away. Thank you

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try to subtly find out if the friends that you have are accepting of the LGBT+ community, if not, make some new friends that are maybe?
    Good luck, and I hope you have a nice day :slight_smile:

3. 06419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a bisexual female as well.
    You will come to realize that we are more common than you think and when you meet one you'll find the first person to whom you can safely admit it. That will be a huge relief. Then maybe when you get more comfortable with the idea you'll tell some close friends that you know are open to different sexualities.
    Going public is more difficult, I'm still struggling with that, but at least telling a few people will make you feel so much lighter.
    I guess I'm telling you take your time but if you see an occasion to talk about it safely then do, and the more people you tell the easiest it will be.

I wish you the best and good luck :slight_smile:

4. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you both for your advice. Unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to meet a friend from the LGBT+ community that I can open up to but hopefully I will. I'm not ashamed of who I am in the slightest but I have been bullied for most of my life and I don't want to stoke the fire anymore by coming out as bisexual.

5. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm in the same boat as you - I've also never met anyone in the LGBT+ community, and although most people I know are accepting I won't come out to them for fear of being "labelled" or having anybody non-accepting find out.
    If you need anyone to talk to or rant with, I'd be more than happy to. :slight_smile:
    Here's to hoping the National Gay Pride gets diverted a few hundred miles my way :icon_bigg

6. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks :slight_smile: I know my family and friends would accept me but I also think that they would talk about me behind my back (especially my mother and sister). They always said they thought I might be a lesbian when I was younger and would find that hilarious (oh if only they knew :wink:)

7. Fandom obsessed

Well I have come to terms with my sexuality (finally) and I find out more things about myself everyday. You can talk to me about it if you need someone to vent to.

8. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    "Hurray for the casual homophobia brigade (especially from people we love)" - said no lgbt+ person ever.
    Being out also seems to cause difficulties debating (one of my favourite pastimes), many people are so keen to "prove you wrong" that they'll state something along the lines of "of course you think that - you're (insert random thing you happen to be here - not limited to sexuality)".
    It can get quite frustrating, I wish they'd spent less time trying to prove me wrong, and more time trying to prove my arguments wrong.

#8 Ix J, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  9. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So true! I love debating too and I hate how people try and label you and define your sexuality. I may say I'm [sexuality] but that doesn't mean I fit to a rigid set of rues within that sexuality. :bang:

10. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    It's the "well of course you'd say that" as though that were an irrefutable defeat of my points. You know, because I have a "bias", unlike those cis-gendered, heterosexual, white people. They're completely unbiased (because biased is wrong and they're "right and proper"). :rolle:
    (Ah, sarcasm, though oft gets lost in the web of inter, like a homing pigeon returning to a forest cleared to make way for a parking lot . Let us hope this time you reach your shores).

11. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha but of course that does defeat your point! That's Rule No.1 in the great book of 'Childish Arguing For Dummies: I win because you are stupid and I'm not listening to you anymore la la la' Volume 2

12. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    But even people who have developed a few braincells do it! I personally reckon it's because they've always used it as an argument, and have quite a surprise when you show the conclusion it actually draws (there is something "biased" (ie: wrong) in being lgbt, as opposed to straight).
    It was fun the first few times around, now it's beginning to resemble reading lines out.

(Scene: A classroom in Wales. Seated are two classmatesEnter, stage left, Ix)

Ix - Now begins the idiocy of my discontent. Made glorious education by this daughter queer. And all the fallacies that lowr'd upon our classroom in the deep bossom of things-we-will-never-talk-about-again are buried.

13. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Even though you make me laugh, everything you are saying is true. Why is it that the opposition always have to prove themselves when it comes to issues where there is no definitive. Sexuality and Identity shouldn't be subject to rules and we shouldn't have to prove ourselves and argue about what we experience and we know is right. Or would that just be too much of an ideal world?

14. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    I wouldn't mind arguing about what I know is right, but I think most people have a funny idea about what "arguing" is (the whole proving "you're wrong - I'm right" as opposed to discussing ideas and concepts, sharing knowledge). It too often just descends into thinly-veiled abuse and name-calling (argumentum ad hominem methinks is the term).

15. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Definitely, I often try to debate with friends and I think people can't quite understand the distinction between debate and arguing. Just because I want to discuss a point and I want to defend my point doesn't mean I'm attacking theirs. I think people often mistake disagreement for you attacking their beliefs and that's when it descends into chaos.

16. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    When people are that insecure, and what they think that unfounded, I think a bit of well-meant intellectual prodding would be beneficial.
    I think poking holes in my own arguments ought to count as a "hobbie" :grin:

17. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exactly, if what you are saying is the absolute then it shouldn't be so easy to contradict. That's true for our arguments too and that's when they have to resort to the childish name calling, bias and denial to argue against it. I just want to be who I am and not be questioned. Is loving men and women such a crime? I think I just have a weakness to "hot people" :wink: (*hug*)

18. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    In the words of Jerry Herman "I am what I am - I don't want praise, I don't want pity."
    I think that ranks second in the "White Noise Frustrations Of Being Queer" - seriously wishing people (even the well-meaning supportive ones, bless them) would not fuss over your sexuality.

19. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe a little praise wouldn't be so bad :wink:
    The LGBT+ community are mixing it up and doing something different. As Rita Mae Brown said "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results."
    We are going to end up in a "quote-off" if we aren't careful!

20. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    "A little" is one thing, and very welcome, but when there's more praise than in a Gospel Quire it gets a little overwhelming (it starts to feel like they're more interested in showing how "open" and "accepting" they are instead of actually being supportive).
    Allow me to rescue us, as dear Oscar put it: "Quotation is the lowest form of wit."

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2015 at 09:36 PM ----------

Ehm, that should be "Gospel Choir"
    My spelling leaves a lot to be desired :/