1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, Bisexual, or Bi-curious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ShyShutterbug, Mar 14, 2015.

1. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a little nervous about writing this first post because I've never really told anyone this. Any advice is appreciated.

At first, I always thought I was straight because I've had crushes on boys when I was a kid, but by around high school I started to feel an attraction to women as well and I really started to question my sexuality. I've never had a girlfriend before but I'm curious about being in a relationship with one.

I'm currently in college and I still don't know what I am. I'm ashamed of the fact that I don't know if I'm straight, bisexual or just going through a phase. I feel like I should already know what my sexuality is. I can't stop worrying about it and I don't know what to do.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the great thing about a forum is that it's anonymous in that we don't know who you really are, so that's a plus.

I'm also going through confusion, despite seting on a label that fits me the most. I've also had crushes on girls even at a young age, but now I'm questioning whether it was even crushes at all. I've never had crushes on my male friends, but I did have some sort of an attraction to much older men (father type guys). And they had to have a very specific physique or else they wouldn't stir any anxiety and stress in me.

I've also considered dating a guy because if I end liking it then that's what I'll stick with, you know? Just wanting this confusion to end is my main priority...

Can't really give you any advice, but You aren't the only one going through the "this doesn't make sense". Just get out there and interact with people and live your life like you always have.

3. woahthatsboring

It's normal to question your sexuality sometimes. ^^^ like the person above said, this forum is private no one knows who you truly are so feel free to use it whenever you have a question, I recently joined with the same problem as well and the people on here are very helpful.

Anyways, you remind me of me! I believed myself to be straight for most of my life until I developed a crush on this girl in my class-- coming to think about it I questioned if it was really a crush, told myself things like that for about forever! So you're not alone *hug* the only advice I have for you to make it smoother, because I'm going through this myself, is to take things the way it is. Go with the flow. You might feel an attraction towards women, go with it and just see where it takes you, then in your head think about it some more and sort your feelings and you'll know. If you're bisexual you feel an attraction towards both genders and if you're straight you don't even think about the same gender in that way.

4. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks to Jax12 and woahthatsboring for the replies. Like you both said I'm glad that this forum is anonymous because I've never told anyone about this in person. Being anonymous makes it easier to talk to people about this sort of thing.

That's pretty similar to how I felt. As a kid, I acknowledged womens beauty and I felt more comfortable socialing with girls than boys, but I don't think I ever had any real crushes on the girls at school.

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2015 at 01:01 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice. I find myself stressing out a lot because I don't know what my sexual orientation is. I'll try to just relax and just let things happen.