1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality fetishised

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Vesalius, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a bisexual woman the only people I have told about my sexuality are the people I have dated, mainly men. I have often found that when I have admitted to them that I am a bisexual, they fetishise and trivialise my sexuality. They think I am pretending to be attracted to women so as to "turn them on". I have so often been asked whether I would allow another woman to be a part of our sexual relationship just because I am bisexual. Does anyone else have this issue? Just because I am bisexual it doesn't mean I don't want a monogamous relationship.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    According to my male friends, the moment a girl says she's bi, she instantly becomes way more attractive because they seem to think that she therefore means she is willing to let them watch her with another girl, or have a threesome. It kinda sucks, and is the reason I haven't come out to those particular friends yet

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This happens to all women who are attracted to women; men think girl-on-girl is hot and unserious and will trivialize it.

This sucks for both sides because many bi women are coerced into having threesomes with their boyfriend to 'please' him, while many lesbians are erased and harassed by voyeuristic men.

This is a huge reason why neither want to come out to men.

4. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it better to hide your sexuality if you happen to be dating a man then? It's so much easier when I'm dating a girl, they never want to question my bisexuality.

5. Fandom obsessed

That sucks :frowning2: This never bothers me as I am polyamorous but I do understand you for wanting a momogamous relationship.

6. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think because I have low self esteem with regards to my appearance I wouldn't be able to handle another person in my relationship because I would worry about how I compare and whether my partner is more attracted to the other person.