1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedSomebod, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ConfusedSomebod

Hi.
    I'm confused about my sexuality and I don't know what to do..
    First.. I'm 14 year old and I'm girl. I always thought I was into boys. I even date some. This sommer I first kiss boy. I liked him, but the kiss was awfull. Then I realise, that even when I liked my dates, I never loved one. But I get over it.
    Then I told my best friend (he's boy and bi and 17 years old) and he told me in joke: Welcome to the LGBT club! I laughed at it and forget it. But when we started school again I started to feel something to my friend and she's girl. I first thought okay.. I just care for her.
    But then I go to ball with my parrents and there was really hot women and I was like: Oooh! At that ball I looked at boys and girls and realise that for me girls look better then boys and after that my confusion started.
    I bring that topic around the girl I liked. She say to me, that she's bi and I said that I'm into her. But either of us make any move. We're hugging all the time and it's really good feeling, but I don't want to start something and then realise, that I'm straight.. She is really good friend.*
    I am also scared about my familly. My cousin is gay. Our familly accept it now, but there was a lot of harm before it calm.. My parents are okay with it, but I don't know how they will react if it would have been me, their only child...

Please... Even a little help will be appreciate.

2. Zelos

Dear ConfusedSomebody,

There is only one way to know if you like girls or not: date that woman! Be honest with her, and tell her that even though you'd like to try something, you can't commit yourself into a serious relationship ecause you don't know if you are going to like it. Let her know about the possibility it might not carry on.

Believe me, it won't take you much to understand if you like girls or not. If you like hugging her, it's already a good start :wink: It was when I kissed my first girl I realised that I liked girls! It felt right, it was a lot of fun.

Your parents don't have to know about your sexuality straight away. Don't tell them about anything until you're sure. But beare in mind that whatever they say, if you realise you are lesbian, you are lesbian. You might have to give them a little while to understand, but they'll probably end up accepting you like they accepted your cousin (especially if you say "they are okay with it"). You can't change who you are, so if you realise you actually are lesbian, accept yourself. If you don't, it will only hurt you.

In any case, remember that you are not alone. :slight_smile:
    That you are never alone. That there are millions of lesbians and gays feeling just how you feel, but that we're all here to support one another. This forum is a lovely example of it, so do not hesitate to make a post if you need help, support or advice again.

Good luck to you ! (*hug*)

3. ConfusedSomebod

Thank you. :slight_smile: It really help to know, that I'm not alone :slight_smile: I'll take your advice to heart and we will see, what will happen...

4. mindthegap

Although I am 24 so pretty much older than you, but my feelings are very similar to yours. I am so confused myself. But I think everything just needs time. It all seems to get better with time.
    Well, I did not give you any special advice, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this. There are people just like you. If you would want to talk (whether in english or some czech/slovak mix) just get in touch :slight_smile:

5. woahthatsboring

I'm going through a similar, similar stage in my life. In around your age too and recently I developed a crush on a girl in one of my classes. At first, I was in denial and told myself that I just thought she was pretty or I really wanted to be her friend. Then, exactly like you, I figured out that the idea wouldn't go away and that I really did like her. I was/ still am really confused but I find it better to be on this site because it really does help.

Anyways, that was my little sob story, lol. Moving on, it sounds like to me, that you and the girl are on the same page... Maybe you can tell her what you're going through. She's pretty has been through it herself and that was the point of my story. A lot of people go through a time where they confuse their sexuality and support is number one. Whether it is on this forum or to the girl, you should take to someone and sort your feelings out. Don't be to quick to label yourself to, you've dated guys before you might be bisexual. Also don't let anyone pick the label for you, when you're comfortable it will fit.

Hope this helped (*hug*)

6. ConfusedSomebod

Thanks to both of you ;-) It help me so much :slight_smile: