1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you be demisexual to only one gender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Paulipocket10, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Paulipocket10

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I realize this may be kinda a weird question, but here's the thing.. I have just recently discovered that I am bisexual. Growing up I had crushes on guys, though I never got into any relationships, I had a few dates and some I fell pretty hard for. However, I never got to the point where I got to know them very well or ever had a strong desire to have sex with them. Though I questioned my sexuality a few times growing up and would always be curious what it would be like kissing a girl, I pushed it away. About a year ago, I eventually realized that I was attracted to girls when I fell in love with a friend and ever since I have had a great desire to get sexually intimate with a girl. Not that I would want to do this, but I feel that I could possibly have a one night stand with a girl and really enjoy it, which for men I know I would not find satisfying. Now whenever I see attractive girls I imagine what it would be like to kiss them, whereas with guys I still notice and am attracted to them, but that desire isn't as strong.

So I guess I'm wondering is it possible as a bisexual to be demisexual to just one gender. Or am I probably not demisexual and just have a preference for women and only romantically (and not sexually) attracted to men?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't really answer your question, but I was thinking the same for myself as well. I guess when it comes to bisexual, it doesn't have to be 50/50 (which you may have heard before).

I believe I also had crushes on girls when I was young, even now, though I'm beginning to question if they're even crushes at all. Never had crushes on guys (maybe one, but not sure if that was even a crush...), but like you said the desire for the same gender is stronger than the desire for the opposite gender.