1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Raegen, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Raegen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ive never really thought about my sexual orientation until now, but thinking back I never really had any crushes on any guys before. More and more often now I find myself thinking about girls and I've just gotten really confused. Walking down the street or in school I always seem to take notice of the girls rather than the guys, I find them attractive but I don't know if this means I'm gay? I also think of girls sexually but I don't know if it's just a phase. I like the idea of being with a girl but I think I'm just thinking of an idealistic relationship and ignoring the fact that it's a lot different and that I might enjoy being with a guy just as much. Because I'm always thinking about girls so much I'm ignoring the idea of being with a guy and just forgetting about them. I'm really confused as to whether I simply like girls because they're pretty or if I am actually attracted to them. I don't want to talk to anyone about it just in case I'm not gay. PLEASE HELP!

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it keeps getting stronger or intensifies, it's probably not a phase. Some people have a phase in which they are curious about homosexuality, but it doesn't become as strong as it does when you're actually gay. Try thinking about guys sometime and see how your feelings compare to how you feel for girls.

When I was younger I thought that my feelings for girls were just a phase. Like, sometimes I would really like a song or a TV show, but then I would get bored of it eventually and move on to something else. I thought I would get bored of girls the same way. But, I felt more and more strongly for them, and my feelings for boys became less and less intense. Then I knew that the feelings were there to stay.

3. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Great advice you've made my questioning come to a clearer answer .

4. woahthatsboring

Sometimes it can be a phase, but if the thoughts are constant and keep coming up-- that might be a good hint that it's something you should look into more. Also don't feel pressured to label yourself right away, I've just began to come into terms with my sexuality as well and I personally believe it's easier when you don't stick to a label for the time being and sort your feelings out on a daily basis, hope this helps :grin: