1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian? Bi? I feel weird...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Thisis, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi ! I never posted anything on a forum so I don't know how this all works but here it goes :slight_smile:
    I'm a girl and I'm 17. I've been trying to figur out if I was a lesbian, bi or just curious and the more I think of it the more it seems that I really am into girls. When I see a cute/hot girl I'm like "woow, I wish I could kiss her", and "it would be awesome if she was a lesbian" and then "but, even if she was into girls, why would she be interested in me?".
    When I imagine myself with a girl (kissing,holding hands,cuddling) it feels great, right.
    But if I try to imagine myself with a guy, it only feels right when I think about all the things that have been thaught to me since I as a child. And this past year, i've discovered that guys may not be what would make me happy, but I still feel that how I feel about girls isn't real, like it's some kind of "dream" and I don't know how to deal with this, I mean, all my life I thought I was meant to be with a guy and now, I discovered that being with a girl seems even better.
    (Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable)
    So, yeah...I just needed to post this here, and if someone could say what they think about what I wrote and give me some advice it would be really nice :thumbsup:

2. ShatteredLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright! there are many people out there much like you with this situation, i went through this and my best advice would be to maybe check out the kinsey scale, it shows your rate of hetro/homosexuality on a scale of 1-6. from what you've written you may be lesbian, or just a bisexual with a female preference. i hope this helped!

3. woahthatsboring

Welcome to the club!(&&&) the beginning of this month, I found this forum myself with the same problem so if you ever have any type of questions, posting on here is good!

Like the lady said above ^^ the Kinsey scale is pretty helpful. It is actually the way I found out my sexuality as well when I was doubting myself I posted on the forum and asked if mostly straight was a thing and I got a ton of good advice and answers but the scale is main thing that helped me and since friends help friends here's the scale... :slight_smile:

0- straight
    1-mostly straight/hetroflexible
    2- bisexual with a preference for guys
    3- bisexual
    4- bisexual with preference for girls
    5- mostly gay/homoflexible
    6-gay

I know 1-2 sounds the same, and it kind of is but with 1 the person doesn't mind having encounters with the same sex or they might develop a crush/exception for the same sex but will go back to guys in the end. And same goes for 5, 5 might have some encounters with the opposite sex or even an exception but will go back to dating the same sex. Bisexual is liking both genders and being able to see yourself with them. You should look up the scale and you'll probably get a better idea seeing as I suck at explaining! Lol but it's really really helpful!

In your case, I don't want to give you a label, you should wait that out until your comfortable with the scale and yourself. It's normal to feel confused especially when guys was all you've known, but it'll get easier. :smilewave if you have any questions specially you should ask me!

4. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys for replying, it does help. I'll check the scale and if I have any questions I'll ask :slight_smile: Everything is still "new" for me, and I'm still trying to figure things out, but posting here and your replies already helped a litttle bit. Thanks once again !

5. woahthatsboring

That's what this site is here for! A lot of people are very good supporters :slight_smile: good luck!

6. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in the same situation!!! I got the same feelings toward girls, and I have always thought that I'm straight, but now I discovered that I like girls too... But I still doubt it... Like you said that your not sure is this just some kind of "dream" and your not really into girls like that, I feel same! Finally I found someone who is in the similiar situation... I'm not sure yet that if I'm really a bisexual, but because of all these things I think that I really am a bisexual. My advice to you is to just wait and think. You figure out this with time and I have almoust find the answer, so take your time and think about this. If you got strong feelings toward women, go along with it. You'll never know where it would lead you.
    Good luck! Hopely I could talk more with you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 05:37 PM ----------

Nobody hasn't ever mention to me about Kinsey scale... I'll go find out more about it. :grin:

7. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for replying bigspeakers, it's always reassuring to know that someone is in the same situation.
    Like you said, time & thinking may be the best to figur that out. The way I see things has really changed since I started asking me all these questions.
    One year ago, when I looked at girls and found them attractive in a way that I thought I should feel for guys, I felt that it was wrong and I tried to avoid thinking about them as more than "friends".
    But then, I noticed that it was stupid to do that. So at the begining of 2015, I started to worry a little less and just let my thoughts and heart go where they wanted to and I felt much better.
    And now, I'm trying to get all of this together and really understand if the way I feel towards girls is real and see if I'm still attracted to guys too. But lately, I felt more attracted to girls than to guys. I'm only 17 so I guess I have plenty of time to figur all that out :lol:
    I hope you'll find your answers too and I'll let you know how this goes :thumbsup:

8. cloudberry

Don't worry, you're not alone! That feeling of "it's not real/it's just a dream" is really something I get a lot too. Have you told anyone about the way you feel? Not saying you have to tell anyone if you don't feel comfortable doing that, but I think it might help. I think often things feel much more real once you say them out loud. I went to see a counselor today, it was my second time talking to her and while I was too nervous to really tell her much the first time I feel like today really helpedl! But I'm sure just talking to people here will help you. :slight_smile:

9. Thisis

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks ! Actually, I've told 1 of my closest friends about the questions I was asked myself (if I liked girls, or not) and I told her that I may be bi and she's totally ok with it. But I don't feel comfortable talking to her about this. And I'm someone who doesn't really like to talk about the feelings to others so here seems the best for now :slight_smile: