1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we doubt

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hiimpaul2014, Mar 18, 2015.

1. hiimpaul2014

Why do some of us doubt what our orientation is why some of us doubt what is true or not. This was easier when I didn't even question my orientation. Why now though.

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, someone wants to know clearly what his/hers orientation is, and if they just aren't sure about it and everythings messy, they ask advice in here. Tell his/hers story and ask some question.. Here is hundreds of people who can help.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 02:37 PM ----------

and theres people who come to a situation where they are not sure about it, and there can be many reasons why they are unsure about their orientation. They doubt their orientation because they are propably scared about that fact that they could be something what almoust whole world resist. And obviously, you can't be sure before you experience something sexual with the same gender or with anything in this world. (Or you just know it.... Someone are are 100% sure about it already and someone is just thinking that what could he/she be.)

#2 bigspeakers, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think often it's due to denial or bargaining.
    You can read more about it here: Empty Closets - Parent and Family Stages of Grief
    I know bargaining was the hardest part for me and is what made me doubt myself the most.

Yes, you can be sure without experience. There are plenty of people who know their sexual orientation before they have any sort of experience with anyone. This is because you can, obviously, feel sexual and romantic attraction to a person without doing anything with them, and attraction is what you go by in order to know your sexuality.

#3 ellyy, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015