1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the word pansexual imply being sexually attracted to EVERYONE?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NingyoBroken, Mar 18, 2015.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I know it means to be attracted to all genders. But I see most pansexuals don't really have a sexual preference, as in, they'll go with anyone regardless of looks. I am definitely not like that, and don't want people getting that idea.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't think so. I think it means attracted to all genders not necessarily everyone. I think people just experience their sexualities differently. Like how you have straight girls who want to follow strict gender roles, ones who are looking for feminine submissive men, ones who are open to experimenting with women, and ones who would never touch a woman at all. Everyone seems to experience their sexuality differently and if someone gets the wrong idea; that's their problem and you can just clarify.

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Fallingdown. There's lots of diversity of sexual attitudes within any one sexuality. Sure there are pansexuals who will sleep with anyone, just like there are bisexuals who will sleep with any woman or man. But that doesn't mean that this is what pansexual means.

Pansexual means, as you say in the opening of your OP, being attracted to all genders.

4. RainDreamer

I thought it just means you are attracted to any gender identity/sexual orientation. However there are still personal preference in play. We are not those who would "F*** anything that moves". It is still the usual attraction mechanic, but we just don't let how a person define themself to get in the way of love.