1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't wanna hate myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Numb, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Numb

I'm a guy, 16, and im currently questioning. I always knew I'm not straight cause i could only feel romanticaly attracted to girls... So i thought i was asexual. Then something happened and I started to question being bi (bi romantic asexual)... And when i finally kinda accepted that, i started feeling a big explosion of heterosexuality. Like i'm craving sex with a woman even tough im virgin (tmi sorry).
    So i rlly dont know whats going on
    Also the thought of being full-on gay scares me shittles, sometimes. I sometimes see myself with a wife and kids.. Others a husband doesnt seem so bad. Idk im very confused and starting to forget who i am. The more i try to find myself, the more i lose myself.. So i really need some help

#1 Numb, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Gallatin

First, take a deep breath.

Okay, so you're questioning and unsure of your sexual orientation. I understand that that can bring on a lot of anxiety and uneasiness, and that's totally natural. In the big picture, you're still pretty young, and it's not at all uncommon for people your age (and beyond) to be questioning their sexuality.

There's an advisor here on EC who recommends to people who are questioning that they "try on" different labels to see what fits best. So, maybe for a week, you self-identify as gay, and see how that feels? Doesn't feel quite right? Then maybe you try bisexual for a week or two, and so on and so forth. Hopefully, through this process, you will find a definition that suits you and that can help relieve some anxiety.