1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay for someone then straight again

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jaymmm, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I´ve a problem for years which makes me "stay" on the straight side. I have most probably crush on women. In standard case i´d be supposed to reveal my gayness afterward my first crush and start to fancy women in general but it never happens. After that crush Im completely straight again and after several months or years i´ve crush on another woman but all the time im attracted exclusively to men and between "crushes" i feel completely straight... It´s like series of three crushes=three exceptions.
    Can anybody relate to this?

2. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm able to relate. I had feelings for a classmate for most of last year, and since the end of last year I've had something for my flatmate which very much resembles what I was thinking towards the classmate, only to a greater degree. However I somehow can't view these as anything but exceptions, really. I can't even categorically call them "crushes", though that's probably what they are, because I can't stop questioning the finer points of what I feel, whether it's just a close friendship, etc. I don't feel like there's a general attraction - at least not on the scale other people seem to have - to other guys apart from these two. Which makes me interpret them as exceptions.

I don't have any great insight on this, but I can relate.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How often do you go back and forth? And have you considered bisexual as well?

4. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    approximately once a two years gay for one person but the rest of the time im totally straight, i dont feel bi, im not attracted to both genders day to day:-(

5. Echo22

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I feel the same way. I feel straight most of the time and the its like a phase of being attracted to men which doesnt last like my attraction for women.

6. woahthatsboring

Hmm that's difficult. I can totally relate however, I have a crush on a girl but I consider myself "mostly straight" I can barely imagine my life marrying a girl but I still like her, she's an exception. Sort of like you. I think maybe you should look into the Kinsey scale because there is a name for that. It's heteroflexible and that's what I am.

When I noticed that I had feelings for the girl I was confused and thought maybe I was lesbian, but I was still attracted to guys. Then I thought I was bisexual but I didn't like girls "that much" just that one girl. When I went on the forum with the question of "is mostly straight a thing?" I got so many positive things and even the Kinsey scale I previously mentioned.

0- straight
    1- mostly straight
    2- bisexual with a guy prefence
    3- bisexual
    4- bisexual with a girl presence
    5- mostly gay
    6- gay

You're probably a 1, which says that you're pretty much always into girls expect you have an expection here and there and you wouldn't mind being sexual with girls without an emotional tie. It's either call mostly straight or heteroflexible because you can flex.

Don't know how much this helped! But I know this is how I learned more about my sexuality. Good luck (*hug*)

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2015 at 02:54 PM ----------

You're always into guys* sorry about that!

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting, I never thought about heteroflexible... Thanks for that.

8. woahthatsboring

No problem Jax12! :slight_smile: