1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very unsure.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xoe98xo, Mar 18, 2015.

1. xoe98xo

xoe98xo Guest

Hi,

I'm really unsure of my sexuality

I find a lot of girls very attractive and when I imagine myself being in a relationship with another girl, it doesn't weird me out and make me uncomfortable.

Yet I also find guys attractive but being in a relationship with them makes me uncomfortable and worried. I'm comfortable around guys only as friends, I have a load of guy friends. When someone suggests being more than friends with a guy it really does make me uncomfortable and not a position I would feel comfortable in.

I'm probably making no sense but I just want to know who I am and I know that takes time but with me it's like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I get to a point where I feel that I can accept myself and then I just completely shut down and refuse to accept myself and just hate the way I am.

I just need some help

thank you

2. woahthatsboring

You might be a lesbian if you only see guys in a friendly way, but I don't think you should label yourself right away. If take each step one at a time then you'll find out who you really are and won't feel like you're always stepping back. Coming into terms and self discovery is always hard but if you try not to stress over it, it easier with time.

3. PunkRockKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like woahthatsboring said, feel free to take your time. There's no rush to figure these things out and it really is something you want to take the time to think about. Recognizing that a man is attractive doesn't necessarily mean that you want to date them or have sex with them. Most people can tell whether or not someone is attractive, regardless of what gender they're into.

I think you should do some soul searching and ask yourself why it is you feel uncomfortable about having opposite sex relationships. Ask yourself if you're just not ready for that kind of relationship or if you genuinely don't want to be with men. Imagine yourself holding hands with a man, kissing him, having sex with him, or marrying him. If you're just nervous about a relationship like that you may want to give it some time and see how you're feeling develop. If you truly feel uncomfortable, awkward, unhappy, or even disgusted, then you may not want a relationship with a man.

Don't hate yourself for the way you are because that's only going to hold you back. Before you accept yourself maybe you should try accepting attraction to any gender as natural and beautiful. If you are gay then that's nothing to be ashamed of, and neither is being bi or straight or any sexual orientation that you may identify as. Learn to love yourself regardless of orientation.