1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for Transgender Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by shadowraptor, Mar 19, 2015.

1. shadowraptor

For all of the Trans gay guys and Trans lesbians: how would you define being both transgendered and at the same time attracted to the same sex as you have embraced by transitioning? While I do not like to think I am ignorant of LGBT people and the spectrum of human identity and orientation, I found during a conversation with a friend that I couldn't really explain what being both of those meant myself. I'd really like to become more educated about the subject., so thanks in advance to all who reply. :icon_bigg

2. KayJay

I don't really know if I'm bi or lesbian. Maybe even straight but I'm highly doubting that at this point. I personally feel it's even harder to meet someone. There are a lot of lesbians out there (from my findings) who don't have anything to do with me because I'm trans. It sort of makes you feel a bit invalidated but at the same time I just have to accept it really.

I think this is what has pushed me towards only being interest in men. I think deep down I am attracted yo women more but I find it so difficult to meet women. It's definitely hard to meet guys too, but the women are usually more hostile to the idea of dating a trans person than men seem to be. Of course all of that is just from my experiences. I'm not trying to say all women won't date trans women or whatever.

So I feel like being trans definitely has an impact on sexuality someway, at least it does for me. I'm still trying to figure myself out at this point.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

To me I consider them both separate parts of my identity. I'm a transgender guy, and I'm also gay. It does get confusing though because sometimes I see a guy and I can't tell if I'm attracted to him or if I'm just jealous of him :lol:

I actually didn't realize I liked guys until I realized I was trans, before then I'd just repressed all sexual/romantic feelings. I just can't picture myself in any sort of relationship as a female. So I guess in that way they're sort of connected.

4. PossumJack

Oh man, I have the exact same problem. When I'm checking out a dude I get so confused...do I want to be that guy or do I just really want to touch his butt?

---------- Post added 19th Mar 2015 at 08:55 PM ----------

*loud coughs* but yes, to answer the original question. I actually thought I couldn't possibly be trans for a while because I like dudes, but I came to terms with that eventually. Gender identity and sexual orientation are two separate things. Think of it like this: Gender is who you go bed as, and Orientation is who you go to bed with. :lol:

5. Queero

PossumJack that's funny and a very good description "Gender is who you go bed as, and Orientation is who you go to bed with."

I was different in that I didn't fully understand that I was trans until I figured out I was gay, but not lesbian, a gay man. It was odd.

I thought at first, that I was just obsessed with gay guys. But then I realized that I wasn't just supporting them or whatever, I wanted to be part of a gay couple. I was grossed out by and disinterested in straight sex, I thought of straight people as belonging to a different group. And when talking about gay men, I began to say/think "we". I accepted myself as a gay man, and then as trans after a while when I realized, "oh yeah, that means you're trans. That explains so much. So many things."

I was fine with the thought of possibly one day doing drag, but when I imagined being in drag I was a drag queen.

#5 Queero, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how to answer this question accurately, but I do remember not knowing what being transgender was... And being confused about why I felt like a man but still loved men... And, as I remember thinking, why I felt like a gay man in a woman body... It confused me so much.