1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So apparently I really do like girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stylesgirl, Mar 19, 2015.

1. stylesgirl

A few weeks ago, I met a girl through a dating app and we've been texting ever since. I've never met anyone before that I've had so much in common with, interest-wise and personality-wise. I always find it hard to connect with people but not with her. Usually when I start talking to people from dating apps and they want to meet me, I put them off for weeks because the thought makes me uncomfortable (my experiences have mostly been with men) but when she asked me if I wanted to go for coffee two weeks ago, I didn't even hesitate. So we actually met for coffee last week and one second it's 4pm and next thing you know we've been talking for almost 3 hours. We went out to dinner tonight and we chatted for 4 hours haha! I've never felt a connection like this with someone before. It's pretty awesome! She's an out lesbian and is totally cool with taking things really slow and getting to know a person and that is exactly what I'm comfortable with and want as well. I've told her about my questioning and preference for girls. Do you ever think something in your mind and it doesn't feel real? That's kind of how I've felt about my sexuality. But when I was telling her about my true feeling regarding sexuality, like saying it out loud, it's like wow.. I really do like girls.. nice! :thumbsup:

2. mindthegap

Wow, that's great you are getting so sure about yourself, I'm really happy for you! :slight_smile:
    I hope to get to that point soon, I still identify myself as questioning, although I'm almost 100% sure I like girls. Actually, I am 100% sure I like girls, what I'm questioning is whether there is just a small chance I could like boys.
    I felt the same way as you did about dating apps - when a boy asked me out I couldn't get myself go on a date, it just didn't feel right and especially I don't even know what to talk about with them. While talking to a girl, everything feels so good and natural.

3. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Awesome! I hope it all goes great with this girl, it sounds super great that you found someone like that!

4. stylesgirl

I'm the same, with all of this! Even your orientation you've listed "not 100% sure but probably lesbian", that's pretty much me haha.

There are some boys that I'm attracted to (usually feminine guys acutally lol) but I can't really see myself engaging with them sexually or even romantically. The whole idea of it and my past experiences just make me uncomfortable.

I hope that someday you (and myself) can be totally sure, but until then, nothing wrong with questioning! :slight_smile: