1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I alone here?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Connor86, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any Gay guys here used to find themselves bisexual? Ever since 8th grade I identified as bisexual and was convinced i was one. I dated girls and everything. Recently however it seems like it's shifted to exclusively guys. I no longer see myself ever being in a actual romantic/sexual relationship with a girl. It confusing cuz now I have people saying that I'm just bisexual becuz a true Gay guy would have never liked girls ever. Am I alone on this one guys?

2. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. guitar

That was me about 6-7 years ago. As time went on I found I was less attracted to girls and noticed when I was with a guy that thing that felt "off" wasn't there. Your sexuality and attractions can certainly shift throughout your life though.

I have a friend who thought he was gay in highschool, fooled around with both guys and girls and felt guys didn't do it for him. Everyone's different.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The fact that you have dated girls in the past is irrelevant. You say you are now only attracted to guys. Then you are just plain gay:slight_smile: Don't let anyone tell you who you are. It may have taken you a little longer to figure it out.

5. Lyana

I have a friend who realized he was bisexual when he was 12 years old. I remember him dating a girl (briefly) when he was 15. Then when he was 16 he came out to me as gay, and he now only has relationships with guys.

So you're definitely not alone, and you shouldn't let anyone else tell you what your orientation is.

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's nice to meet someone who's had a similar experience to mine! I mentally identified as bisexual beginning at about 12 years old. I actually didn't realize I was gay until earlier this year. It's caused me considerable doubt over this time I've begun exploring my sexuality. Sometimes I don't think I'm "gay enough" if I used to like girls. You're definitely not alone.

7. Phoenix87

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That was definitely me, but largely due to internalized homophobia. I reasoned if I could be bisexual, I could choose to be straight. Yeah... Not so much :slight_smile: