1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I come off as lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by woahthatsboring, Mar 21, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

So, I'm actually not a girly girl, I do happen to play sports and all of that but I feel like I come off as lesbian to other girls? Not because I dress masculine or any of that, I'm actually pretty plain when it comes to clothes I wear what most typical girls my age would but I feel like I give off "the vibe". Have you guys ever heard of that?

For example, this summer when I was chatting with this girl I didn't think I was flirting but in the middle of our conversation she made a point of telling me she wasn't gay... And I was like okay? What does that have to do with me?:dry: She was talking about how she had a gay cousin and her cousin birthday was coming up. Then she literally said, " But I'm 100% straight, I don't curve" So did I give off a vibe to her? Why did she randomly blurt that out? I only thought of her as a friend anyways. And this is only ONE example, I have others where girls feel like I'm coming on but it's weird because I usually do NOTHING!

Now, a new summer is coming up and I'm still wondering about do I give off vibes :eusa_doh:. I like guys, and I established that I'm heteroflexibe because I've only ever been attracted to one girl but sometimes I think maybe there's something I can't see that others do?:help:

2. Tetra

I really don't think it's anything you're doing. I guess some people just assume that if you aren't the 'typical' female, then you're gay and coming onto them. It really reflects more about them than it does about you. I've been told by people that I give off a very 'gay' vibe (for lack of a better term), but I've never had a girl say to me "sorry, I don't swing that way' during a friendly conversation or anything.

So yeah, maybe the way you carry yourself is different than others, which totally isn't a bad thing! Don't let other people's innocent (but unnecessary) comments get to you. Like I said, it's more about them than it is about you.

3. woahthatsboring

You don't want to have a girl tell you that, trust me! It's awkward lol but thank you for your response!

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you socially awkward? That could be interpreted as shyness associated with liking someone. It is true that tomboy girls are often assumed to be gay, especially at a school where there is a lot of pressure for people to conform to social norms.

5. woahthatsboring

I'm actually the total opposite of socially awkward! Lol, I tend to talk a lot and socialize with any group of people-- I'm pretty well known around school. I guess I'm a little tom boyish, like I said before I play sports(not cheerleading) but I also am a little on the girly side when I choose to be, if that makes sense? I don't know how the girl got the vibe from me but I was being kind of touchy(which I do with a lot of people-- guys and girls that are friends). Thank you for your response!! :slight_smile: