1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Iwantwaffles, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Iwantwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi I'm 14 and i think I'm gay but I'm not sure. When I imagine being 25 i think of waking up and a handsome guy is beside of me. But when i told my parents my thoughts about being gay they said it was all hormones and it was normal. I am starting to believe them but i find guys attractive and sometimes i am positive i am gay but other times I have doubts about it. I don't get turned on at the thought of being with a girl but I don't know why i have doubts about being gay. I think I am completely fine with being gay. All i want is to wake up an be able to kiss the man i love. But my double are controlling everything, I have got really depressed and I don't think i can take it any longer. I just need help, i just wanted to see if anyone has any theories on why I'm doubting my sexuality. Please help me an i know that I should give it time and that I'm too young to know exactly but not knowing is destroying my life. Has anyone else gone through this that can help or is going through this?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Iwantwaffles,

"Hormones" alone aren't responsible for your orientation. If that was true, then almost all teens would experience gay/straight feelings, and that's not true (they are right about this being normal, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

You seem to fear this is "just a phase", right? That's a common thought when people are accepting themselves, and they eventually realize it isn't just a phase.

Welcome to EC, by the way (*hug*)

3. Iwantwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the advice and you are right i do fear it is just a phase

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Heyo :slight_smile: I'm also 14 haha and I think I may be either gay or bi but for now I'm saying bisexual with a preference for guys :slight_smile: Anyway, if you see your future with a guy then that does show you have romantic attraction to guys. That's a first step. Also, its true that there are many hormones during puberty but not all of us are bisexual during puberty though. If you have romantic and sexual feelings for guys and none for girls you are mostly likely gay. The thing is, with most straight guys they can have feelings what they think are gay and they can have gay fantasies however it really depends. Do you have frequent gay fantasies/thoughts? Most straight guys at least have some gay thoughts but most of their fantasies and romantic feelings are towards girls. Anyway, you are most likely just scared that as you grow older your attractions may go away. It's true that as we get older our sexual orientation comes clearer to us and we may have attractions we didn't know about before. However, if you feel like your gay now then why not embrace it. You don't have to come out any time soon but I think you should just look in the mirror each day and say to yourself "I am my own person. I am beautiful in my own way and it doesn't matter whether I turn out to be gay or straight". Don't feel down in the dumps because every teenager goes through this phrase where they will question their sexuality. You're not alone. Just know your sexuality doesn't define you and there is no rush to knowing for sure and just go with the flow and embrace your feelings whether your gay, bi or straight or even asexual or pansexual (although I doubt you are asexual) but yeah :slight_smile: You are most likely having doubts because this is very confusing and new to you but I say just try and not be anxious about it and you will know when your older :slight_smile: I also CONSTANTLY doubt my sexuality and sometimes feel like I'm gay and sometimes feel like I'm more straight. It's all normal :slight_smile: If you have any problems/concerns you can post on my wall/private message me :slight_smile:

6. Iwantwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice, the thing is I don't feel anything for girls. I mean I have had girlfriends but I mostly did it to fit in because most guys have girlfriends but i dont have an attraction to girls and i know that only time will help me realize what i am but I'm a very impatient person