1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late bloomer

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Connor86, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else wish they had come out at a younger age? I personally came out when I was 16. Still feels a little late compared to some tho. So much wasted time in denial just fills me with regret.

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I havent come out, aside from my one best friend, to my family and I am 19, going 20 this October. I think it is about timing.

3. blackhatguy

I feel like it was better to wait until people were more mature. Coming out in Jr High and they'd rip you apart, as a senior, people are all "I respect your life choices."

But I think it's different for each person, too. And you have to come out to yourself first, which takes a while.

As for family, I haven't got a clue, that's still "death first" stuff for me.

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 28 and still not out so yes, I wish more than anything I came out when I was your age. The longer you wait the more difficult it becomes.

5. badluckfairy

I was 17 when I started teling people I was gay. Though since discovered I'm bi, but only a few people know about that, and I'm 27 now.

I don't think 16 is late at all. Some will come out earlier of course, but many will be your age and many will be later too.

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel you there. I wish I had known I was gay sooner. I had thought I was bisexual since about 13, but I never felt any need to come out because I hadn't admitted it to myself quite yet.