1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can your dreams say about you?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mindthegap, Mar 23, 2015.

1. mindthegap

Hey,so I'm still not that sure about myself - I am sure I like girls, not that sure about boys. Even if I like boys, I have strong preference for women (when trying to imagine who I prefer sexually or who I can see myself spending my life with). I think I am okay with being gay, but I have one big problem - is there a chance I could convince myself I am gay because of a lesbian couple on TV show/youtube, or watching it just helped me uncover my true self?
    But to the dreams. So I had two dreams about girls in last week. In first dream, I was in a LGBTQ centre and I had a huge crush on a girl I met there. There was a boy too, not gay, working as a counselor. But I liked only that girl. There wasn't anything sexual, it was all only about those good feelings you have when you are with someone you like, looking shyly in each other's eyes and smiling.
    In my second dream I was with a guy, we were both working out in a gym. And he was hot, like really hot but when he wanted to ask me out, I run away saying we are just friends and that I am going on a date with a girl. So after I left the gym, I met with that girl, we were even kissing, it seemed like we were a couple. And than I woke up.
    So now my question - if there is a chance I could talk myself into being gay in real life, is it possible to kind of "brainwash" myself in a dream? Or can be those dreams showing me what/who I really want?

2. Gen

Gen

Its highly unlikely. For every time you have been exposed to homosexuality in the media, you've been exposed to 50x more heterosexuality. Dreams are definitely not reliable identifiers of our true feelings, but if these are feelings that have been arising in both dreams and throughoit the day than it sounds as though you are receiving all of the signs that you need to know where your interests lie.

3. mindthegap

Thank you, Gen, for your comment. I've never realised that if media were able to turn people, there wouldn't be homosexuality in the world since homosexuals aren't the ones who are shown that much. So it seems that seeing a lesbian couple just showed me there is that "other world" that feels so much more natural to me. So thanks again, your response was very helpful.