1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay, Bisexual, or Pansexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yaybabycats, Mar 24, 2015.

1. yaybabycats

Hiii. So more and more lately, I've been questioning my sexuality. I am still young so I suppose I have time to figure it all out. "For now", I am identifying myself as bisexual, but have a feeling I may be pansexual. Or, I've been contemplating whether I am gay or not. When I look at girls, I'm just like "Wow, I love them." And, I experience attraction to them. But, with guys, I only find little attraction to them. Sometime I imagine what it would be like to be in a relationship with a guy, have sex with them (not to sound creepy, like I stated before, I am pretty young, I'm guessing, but I'm trying to figure out my sexuality so bear with me) but more often fantasize about girls and what it would feel like to date, marry, and have sexual relations with them. Sure, I feel somewhat attracted to guys often saying "Oh, he's cute", or, "If he's nice I could date him." I've never actually had a crush on a boy though (I have but not to the point where the sight of them makes my heart race or I daydream about him all day, I've done this with girls though). This is kind of lengthy, but in short, I guess, I sometimes find boys to be cute/attractive, but these feelings come easier with girls.

Also, I've read that bisexuals tend to be attracted to one sex over the other, so am I bisexual, pansexual, or gay? It's really confusing me, and I know people don't have to label themselves but it would bring me more comfort if I did. Thanks!!!!:icon_bigg

2. ava505

Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify with this so much. I definitely started out finding girls a lot more attractive, but never was exactly opposed to the idea of dating a boy. I'm sure you've heard it before, but I don't think that anyone else can help you find a label - it's a pretty personal thing. However, I will give you some food for thought. As far as bisexuality goes -- you might consider reading about the Kinsey scale, if you haven't already. I think that might help you figure it all out. Pansexuality refers to attraction to all genders, not just female and male. As far as this post goes, you seem to be referring only to girls and boys, but then again, those that identify as other genders are less common, so you might not really have had the opportunity to know. And I think if you're anything like me, the only way to really determine if you're gay (or any of these other sexualities) you may just have to date a few people of various genders. Either way, I think reading a lot about sexuality can be extremely helpful - you never know what's going to strike a chord with you. I just learned of demisexuality a few months ago and that instantly clicked for me. So yeah. Don't be super worried about whether or not something fits perfectly. Have fun exploring :slight_smile:

3. yaybabycats

Ya so I took the Kinsey Scale test and got an F because most of my answers were false, so I don't know where that went ahahaha. But, I do find genders other than male and female attractive, I've seen an agender and they're pretty cute so I guess that falls into pansexuality right? Also, I saw a trans that was cute as well! I'm still a little confused though, hopefully I'll know and be, more comfortable with my sexuality when I'm much older hah