1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by choirsmash, Mar 25, 2015.

1. choirsmash

So for a month or two I identified as bi, but now I'm starting to wonder if I just want to be bi. I wonder if I am trying to like boys because I don't want to only like girls..if that makes sense. I've never really had a legitimate crush on a boy, but I've had at least one legitimate crush on a girl. I don't know..maybe I'm just thinking too much haha. My mind just wanders sometimes and it often goes too "am I just repressing an attraction only to girls, or do I like both?" and it bugs me

2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always suppressed being attracted to girls because I didnt want to admit I was bisexual. Eventually though it just felt right when I was attracted by both genders. Give it time and don't put so much pressure on yourself. Like who you want and eventually you will understand what you are into but in all honesty it doesn't matter. It's just a label and everyone is different :icon_bigg

3. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've been out as bisexual for the past nine months but have recently concluded that my sexual attractions are geared exclusively towards women. It sounds like you're at the beginning stages of what i'm going through now, although I may be wrong. I say take your time and just let things be, things will eventually clear up. Good luck!

4. woahthatsboring

I'm going through the same thing as well. I'm stating to wonder if I'm just saying I'm flexible because I don't want to be bisexual... And hey! Maybe I am repressing it. I think you should freely allow yourself time to feel attractions and if the attractions towards women are stronger than they are for males that might be a sign. Good luck!

5. Scifiguy338

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a similar situation and I know a girl in a similar position. What I've done is avoid using simple labels like gay/bi and explain things in more detail. I can think of examples like 'primarily gay' or 'leaning toward this gender, occasionally like the other gender' or mainly swing this way, but wouldn't rule the other way etc...people need to be more familiar with the idea of sexuality being a spectrum that doesn't always need labels and that boxes like straight, gay and bi are not everything.
    It might be hard for a person to acknowledge their predominant same sex attractions because of society...blah, blah, blah, we all know the heteronormality. My sole advice is just to not force anything and just live your life naturally and see who you are attracted to or get crushes on naturally rather than it being forced. It can be hard if you go through phases of being mainly gay and then being quite bi like I do, but what can we do? We just have to live this life. We are who we are and no label can determine it.

PS: Queer is a good overall term. I feel at home when I use it. So it might be best to identify that way if you ever feel you need to define yourself in a word, if you like to use the term.:slight_smile: