1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told everyone I'm gay. But I think I'm bi...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Connor86, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as gay.but now I feel like I'm bi......am I screwed?

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The way I see it, telling people you're gay, bi, or whatever is how you feel and what you believe is true at that time, not a lifetime promise. :icon_wink

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to agree with Paris. It's also worth pointing out that many people (including some of our members) went from straight to gay/lesbian, which seems a much bigger 'about turn'.

I'm sure it feels like a big deal and you may be concerned that others will make a big deal out of it, but really, it's not. We don't need to carve our sexuality in stone and consider it a point of no return.

Did you come out as gay because you felt (and perhaps still feel) more attracted to other guys?

4. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah

5. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd also like to note that 'bi' is really a pretty wide concept & it can mean many different things and because of it, it can also be a way for denial to work its way back into some peoples life.

There is a possibility- I am not saying that this is the case, that your bisexual feelings started to emerge because you have not fully accepted yet that you are gay- or have a gay preference. I am only saying this because this is how it worked for me.

I went from identifying as bi, to lesbian, back to bi, and then currently queer/lesbian.
    I am a solid Kinsey 5, have always been, and have an overwhelming preference for the same sex, but because I am also a bit gender blind in my attractions I've used this as a false hope that I could be a solidly bisexual person.

In my mind it worked as 'I am not a Kinsey 6, it must mean I am a Kinsey 2' - and so I denied my strong preference and with it my sexuality.

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My psychologist had many clients that denied their gay identity. She believes that this is not the case for me. She points out that I am the most open person about being gay she has met, and it's almost like I'm trying to convince myself that I'm gay.

To be honest, I really don't have an issue with identifying as gay, as sometimes I feel happier with my attractions with guys. But I always try so hard to look past the sex and imagine going on dates, but even that feels off. Things may change, of course, but as of right now dating men isn't really an option. Whether it's because I don't like guys that way or because I'm still denying my gay identity, I'm still not sure.

7. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was your comment in response to mine? I hope you did not read it as talking about your case, because I think your situation is completely different to what I have described!

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Well, I hope you get screwed, but make sure it's when you are ready to do it... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ;P

You have a fabulously good pick up line, well, I'm just not sure, I'm probably gay, but maybe with you...

</sarcasm>

You are young enough you can probably change your mind 500 times between now and the end of high school. You don't have to live your life to a particular label.

Be who you are. (*hug*)

9. Im Hazel

I can imagine people being dicks about it, if you don't explain it. But for people who ask just tell them if you like them, and ignore them if you don't. Or at least that is what I would do. I am in a similar situation (I identified as asexual/demisexual before, and now I identify more as homosexual). So either tell everyone and be open, or just tell the people you like and be "safer". Your call.