1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be seen as lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by star24, Mar 26, 2015.

1. star24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a lesbian, but no one can tell. I work in retail part time and never once has anyone noticed. I would like to be seen by my 'sisters' as one of them without drastically changing my appearance. any suggestions? My photo album shows how i look on a daily basis. I guess I just want to look more how i feel than I do...is that a crazy thing to want?
    :help:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You could wear something like a rainbow bracelet or some other pride accessory like that.

3. DoriaN

^

I highly recommend not changing who you are, or trying to portray yourself as anything. Imo just take the better, also lazier route and wear a sort of 'flag'.

Like the aforementioned bracelet.

4. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Invisibility is very common in the LGBT community because we often look like everyone else. Definitely having something rainbow on you (key chain on your purse, button on your backpack, etc) will help. Another way to be more visible to LGBT people is become involved with LGBT groups/societies/organizations/.

5. fissle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've begun wearing rainbow socks and am looking into, as sweetfemme90 suggested, volunteering at a local LGBT group.